IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Telecomuting and Management
I'm not certain just where this one belongs [here, "Terrorism" or flames].

I work for the institutional brokerage division of one of the major banks.

I've been telecommuting since I was hired [Spring 2000]. My team has had schedule slippage due to management tasks imposed on the designers [the folks supposed to be performing business rule modeling] occasionaly resulting in a light workload for the programmers [implemented everything we have specs for - while the designers play manager].

In the aftermath of 11 September, and in the fasce of the anthrax scare, we will now be required to make the commute into midtown manhatten - for me that means five to six totaly wasted hours a day [time taken away from both the workday and my personal life.

What is the management logic that would indicate that this would increase my productivity?
New Umm... Misery will pay extra for: company?_______:-\ufffd
New File that under 'we care for our staff'
Not. Sheesh, where's the logic and putting you in the middle of a crowded population centre as a result of the attacks on same? That's curious, alright.

I guess management still don't acknowledge the relationship between morale and productivity...
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Telecomuting and Management - (dlevitt) - (2)
         Umm... Misery will pay extra for: company?_______:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         File that under 'we care for our staff' - (Meerkat)

Allow me to retort!
34 ms