IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And also note:
I said community, not State.

If my neighbor beats his kids you had better be damn well sure I'm calling the cops or Social Services, or whatever else I need to do.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Fair point
You said "community", but then talked about how the "Sate" secures funding so I blurred the two concepts in my reading of what you said

If my neighbor beats his kids you had better be damn well sure I'm calling the cops or Social Services, or whatever else I need to do.

That's fair enough, if you have evidence that the kids are being beaten. If you have evidence or are an eyewitness to it happening.

Turn it around from the other degree. What if your kid is playing on the top of a bunk bed and falls and gets a bruise on his forehead and your neighbor thinks you've been beating your kids because of seeing the bruise and now Social Services comes to your door asking about child abuse, etc... Sure your innocent, and can probably succefully convince them of that, but it's not a comfortable position to be in.

By the way, that's about a hypothetical example; I've been in a very similar situation where my son was injured in an accident and I was invesitaged for neglect/abuse. The chilling part is the next time he fell (and passed out), I was afraid to seek the medical help he needed
"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Not much that can be done about it.
Your neighbor can decide to report you, or do something else, whether the State is involved or not.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Above thread describes the ickiest of human 'interactions'
A mere bruise on a child may signify - almost anything! And even fairly regular bruises (given certain maladies of children) - ditto.

But the appearance: excites all visceral imaginations and also - all ideas of 'justice' + whatever we want to call the 'save the Cheeldrun' at All Cost, mindset.

No wonder that, despite the perspicuity of the IWETHEY solons: there IS no 'answer' of universal application. The defects in ourselves + our systems guarantee that - always this area shall produce more or fewer outrages in both directions

{sigh}

ie dangerous.. to have children who get bruised via Whatever!

A.
New Kind of hits close to home...
My wife had a nasty facial bruise last week. Man, did I get the dirty looks. And she got the questions the minute I wasn't there.

She bent down to hug our 6 year old at the same time as he jumped to hug her, and they collided rather hard.

But on the whole, I'd rather face the suspicion than have people not care.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New If I had a clumsy kid..
I'd get a laminated card signed by 'Doctor'*, the local DA, Chief o'Poleece an probably Scalia (Thomas would be to Cunservative to sign) saying..

*notice how the effusive assistants always omit the, 'The' ??

Back Off!! these folks got a Problem Kid\ufffd what runs into stuff...
Mind yer own Beeswax...

The Authority Figures

(And I'd have one next to my house gun, my car gun, my personal swimsuit .25, etc.)

:-\ufffd
     popeye the movie was about LA - (boxley) - (57)
         Theft, outright theft - but not *from* whom you might think. - (CRConrad) - (56)
             I know how to make proper - (boxley) - (1)
                 So? - (CRConrad)
             Not really. - (addison) - (53)
                 I've never liked personal property tax. - (admin) - (52)
                     But OTOH, the whole idea of "double taxation" is BS, too. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     That's just cause they use it to pay for schools. :) - (addison) - (50)
                         No, it isn't. - (admin) - (49)
                             wrong nothing is free - (boxley) - (3)
                                 It is in Michigan. - (admin) - (2)
                                     learn something new everyday - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (admin)
                             Teach me to be snide in subject titles. - (addison) - (42)
                                 Children are the responsibility of the community IMO - (admin) - (41)
                                     Disagreed - (Fearless Freep) - (40)
                                         So... - (admin) - (33)
                                             Re: So... - (Fearless Freep) - (32)
                                                 Actually, s/schools/schooling - (admin) - (2)
                                                     Don't think so - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                         As a home schooler... - (admin)
                                                 Problem is... - (pwhysall) - (28)
                                                     Re: Problem is... - (Fearless Freep) - (13)
                                                         And.... - (addison)
                                                         Stakes are high - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                             Yup - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                                                                 And? - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                                     Re: And? - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                         Er? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                             Same thing - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                                 It's slightly different - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                     Re: It's slightly different - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                                     Re: It's slightly different - (qstephens) - (1)
                                                                                         couldnt you have just pulled out yer gun and? - (boxley)
                                                                         Limitations of social workers - (pwhysall)
                                                             I don't believe I said that. - (addison)
                                                     Assuming.. - (Fearless Freep) - (13)
                                                         Not nearly as equivocal - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                             My way? - (Fearless Freep) - (10)
                                                                 I'm sorry - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                                     Re: I'm sorry - (Fearless Freep) - (8)
                                                                         Is that a price that you're willing to pay? - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                                                             Turn it around - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
                                                                                 I'm the someone else - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                                     Couple of nits... - (addison) - (1)
                                                                                         Re: Couple of nits... - (admin)
                                                                                     Would it? - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                         That's a highly pathological example - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                             Peter, there has to be a better way. - (boxley)
                                                         NULL, ignore me please. - (pwhysall)
                                         And also note: - (admin) - (5)
                                             Fair point - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                 Not much that can be done about it. - (admin) - (3)
                                                     Above thread describes the ickiest of human 'interactions' - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         Kind of hits close to home... - (mhuber) - (1)
                                                             If I had a clumsy kid.. - (Ashton)
                             Agreed - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                 squirms and taxation - (wharris2)