IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bullsh*t
Sorry Alex, but as a former proletarian you should know better.

What we are in fact seeing is Marx' prediction of capitalism consuming itself come true.

The only "protected class" I'm part of is the raw resources of capable, active, and willing raw goddamn mental, spiritual, and bodily goddamn HUMAN-FUCKING-HORSEPOWER to help us all get along, and I'm being told I'm not worth a shit. I fucking solved Einstein's main probem on my own goddamn dime and my own goddamn time with FUCKING ANY HELP AT ALL - I AM FUCKING WORTH A SHIT, and my GODDAMN COUNTRY IS FUCKED UP BEYOND RECOGNITION to take people like me and throw them away like so much garbage to satisfy the needs of the idiot mass.

-drl
New Note the quotes around protected class.
In theory, if you are an employee and you discriminated against because of your age by your employer, you have the right bring in the Feds down on your employer. It is something that a young employee, say 30 years old, cannot do.

Now, say you are looking at two potential employees, one 30 and one 50 of apparently comparable relevant skills. Who's got the edge? Do you want to risk potential legal problems with the older prospect? Choices can always be justified for intangible reasons.
Alex

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom ... the argument of tyrants ... the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, addressing the British House of Commons (1783)
     Long term umemployment rises 300 percent 2000 -> 2003 - (deSitter) - (33)
         They're not stealing your jobs. - (pwhysall) - (29)
             H word again - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Never happen. - (pwhysall)
             Salary is not negotiable - (tablizer) - (2)
                 Exactly - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Adam Smith takes vacations -NT - (tablizer)
             Of course they aren't stealing our jobs - (orion) - (23)
                 Correction. - (inthane-chan) - (22)
                     In other parts of the world - (orion) - (21)
                         If $2 is a princely sum in Brownpeepulistan... - (pwhysall) - (20)
                             Precisely. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Rejoinder! - (pwhysall)
                             I beg to differ - (orion) - (17)
                                 Monitoring employees - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     When it's done in secret - (deSitter)
                                     There are laws and issues on that very thing - (orion)
                                 Re-read my post in context of what matters to Corp USA. -NT - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                     What Corp USA thinks is irrelevant - (orion) - (12)
                                         You're quite charmingly naive, Norman. -NT - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                             You are quite close-minded Peter - (orion) - (10)
                                                 Point = missed. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                     Point == Null - (orion) - (4)
                                                         ? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                             Let us review, shall we? - (orion) - (2)
                                                                 Re: Let us review, shall we? - Yes, lets - (jake123)
                                                                 Norm, this link might help - (boxley)
                                                 Peter is right, you missed the point - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                     The shortest, clearest summary ever. Thank you. -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                                     One little tiny correction for you... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                         I'm not sure how that one will play out... - (ben_tilly)
         That is the flip side of being in a "protected class". - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Bullsh*t - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Note the quotes around protected class. - (a6l6e6x)

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rye!
102 ms