IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Quick as in the time it takes to write it,
not the time it takes to run. Quick and dirty code usually runs slower, eats up more memory, has more bugs, crashes the system more, and causes all kinds of problems over the traditional method of taking your time, debugging twice, and using the standard way of coding that most professionals love to use. The traditional programmer is about to become a dinosaur if the "Modern Primiatives" who run businsses have their way.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New He WROTE THE SAME TEST TWICE! Izzat "quick" in your opinion?
New Yes quick and redunant
so quick he didn't notice he already wrote something like it already. He must also have a short attention span. If he took his time, he'd see the error he made. Quick and dirty is prone to errors like that. Obviously he did not thoroughly check over his code before handing it in, which tells me he wrote it quickly and did not even bother to debug it. You know, like a Microsoft programmer. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New "Quick and dirty" would have been, writing NO tests at all.
New I disagree
I have seen quick and dirty coding, I have had to debug it a lot at that law firm I worked at. When someone f*cked up royally they sent the code to me to fix it. Quick and dirty, yes they did testing, but f*cked it up or wrote the same test twice. Sometimes the test did not work properly or they tested the wrong variable. Why? Because they were in a hurry to get the code out before the manager who wanted it yesterday yells at them again. A pity they didn't keep me on, I cleaned up most of the crap they passed off as code. I couldn't code as fast as the quick and dirty coders, but at least my code worked, did what it was supposed to, and didn't crash the system a dozen times a day or more like theirs did.

Management always wants it done faster, IT and Fast Food have merged now.

How the hell did this one become a programmer? - (Arkadiy) - (16)
         Suspenders and a belt, I guess... :-P - (admin) - (1)
             nails, screws and super glue, too. -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Re: How the hell did this one become a programmer? - (deSitter)
         Maybe the inside section used to be longer - (tablizer) - (1)
             Only if - (jb4)
         True confessions. - (Another Scott)
         Simple, he is paid based on lines of code written... - (a6l6e6x)
         That is the way they teach them in college these days - (orion) - (6)
             Durty, yes. Quick? What's quick about it? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                 Quick as in the time it takes to write it, - (orion) - (4)
                     He WROTE THE SAME TEST TWICE! Izzat "quick" in your opinion? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Yes quick and redunant - (orion) - (2)
                             "Quick and dirty" would have been, writing NO tests at all. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 I disagree - (orion)
         When all you have is 3Ghz... - (jb4) - (1)
             Forget the efficiency, my BRAIN hurts! -NT - (Arkadiy)

I should drag your fat arse over here and make you clean the coffee off my monitor.
93 ms