#1 Only government systems were monitored not the whole Internet.

#2 BSD and OSX have by default more secure settings than Linux. How are we sure that the Linux machines were configured properly? Shadowed passwords, services not always run as Root, latest security patches installed, etc?

#3 Is it possible that there were more Linux machines than Windows or BSD/OSX machines? Hence more attacks on the majority of the machines.

#4 Linux has good tools to check for attacks, how are we sure that all attacks done on Windows and BSD/OSX were monitored and recorded?

#5 Virus, Worm, and Trojan infections are yet another form of attack, yet absent from this report. Totally biased.

#6 What versions of Linux were used? I'm betting some earlier versions got used and were not updated for security as they should have been. I used to work for the US Army as a contractor and they had some old Linux distros on their Linux boxes and refused to update them despite all the known exploits on the older versions.

#7 It is a fallacy to suggest that this small random sample represents the entire Internet.

#8 Never heard of the group that did the study before, anyone do a background check? Anyone heard of them before?

#9 If this article is true, and Linux is used by most Internet Servers, how come there are not more reports of Linux servers being broken into?

#10 Did Microsoft contribute any money to do this study? Somehow I smell astroturf. ;)