IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Very simple
just say you ran a small business that did Linux consulting, and ended up closing the business to pursue personal interests and job oppertunities. I am sure that you did some consulting on the side somewhere, so it would not be a total lie. ;)

Call the company whatever you want. Or if you want, I can cover you by saying you worked for my company. Reboot, Inc., we did Linux support from 1995-1997 before we closed the company down. Not enough customers, Red Hat and Slackware are what we used. In 1998 I formed NORMAD to try again. I might form another company later if I can get the cash together.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New I've got too many "dead companies" on my resume
has Dot-gones, etc. A Chinese acquaintance of mine suggests that I have bad Fung Sui in that every company I work for folds, and that my grandmother is "buried wrong". I guess in China they dig people up and reorient them if they have to. Another theory is that my code is so bad that it dooms a given company. I think I like the Fung Sui explanation better :-)

I handled it by listing the company and person I worked for, and indicating that the company was out of business on the application, but not the resume.

If I had a contact from one of the dead companies, I listed that also. It's not your fault the companies closed.

Hope this helps a little.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New Remind me not to hire you ;-)
I'd like my employer to stay in business!

Brian Bronson
New Re: I've got too many "dead companies" on my resume
The last place I worked suddenly experienced high steel prices to the point of severely impacting the profit margin, activating panic mode among board members, resulting in my job being sidelined as "unnecessary at the moment". I know how you feel. It may be funny but you do start to think about it.
-drl
New Working for socket puppets, eh? ;)
It is not you, just the companies staffed by poor managers. You obviously had nothing to do with upper management decisions that could have made or broken the company.

Imagine those who worked for Commodore, Pets.com, etc.? Oh well one good thing out of it is that nobody from those companies can report something bad on you, not that you did anything bad, but sometimes cow-orkers make things up to put others down and boost themselves up. That is what happened to me the past few companies that I worked for. Machiavellian cow-orkers, you know I don't like them.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Our mascot was a drunk, horney sock-cow
             Interim release - (deSitter) - (11)
                 Submit resume anyhow - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     I can't - (deSitter)
                 The newest level of Red Hat Enterprise Linux is version 3. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Show Me The Code - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     Re: Show Me The Code - (deSitter) - (6)
                         Stop poncing about and apply for the damn job - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             Re: Stop poncing about and apply for the damn job - (deSitter) - (4)
                                 s/officially// -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 Send it anyway.... - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                     Bang head on floor - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Tell her she can - (imric)
         Reminds me of an SUV commercial... - (tablizer)
         Very simple - (orion) - (6)
             I've got too many "dead companies" on my resume - (tablizer) - (5)
                 Hmmm I had this problem - (Nightowl)
                 Remind me not to hire you ;-) - (bbronson)
                 Re: I've got too many "dead companies" on my resume - (deSitter)
                 Working for socket puppets, eh? ;) - (orion) - (1)
                     Our mascot was a drunk, horney sock-cow -NT - (tablizer)

We know better than to wear plaid and stripes together.
96 ms