IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New arguing with a white box vendor
who was supplying free PC's to the purchasing agents secretary. If the power supply is not UL approved it isnt coming in here. Had to actually spec the thickness of the case as the tissue paper they were using allowed thumbprints to be embedded in it. The reason that the vendor I wanted wasnt selected? I had done business for him before so conflict of interest. Yeh, right.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New We don't see those out here much.
It's not illegal to sell a non-UL machine in California, but the will of the insurance companies is good enough that nobody's quibbling.

Many years ago the outfit I was buying power supplys from dropped the UL approved line. I dropped them like a hot potato. They tried for years to get my business back.

"Why you not buy from us?"

"You dropped UL approval, so I buy from this other guy now."

"But all our power supply UL approve now."

"Yes, but we only change vendors when we have a compelling reason. You gave us a compelling reason. This other guy hasen't, so we're staying with him until he does."

Thumb print steel I have seen. The very worst is thumb print steel with metric screws. Every time you work on one the screws all strip out. Fortunately the steel is so soft any American screw is a "self tapping" screw.

Everybody went to metric screws about 8 years ago, but all the good cabinet makers went back to American screws in a few months.

We use Super Power cabinets. They're stamped out of light gage boiler plate. You're thumb is going to hurt real bad if you try to print one.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     OK, I've seen some cheap gear, but . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         Rofl - (pwhysall) - (2)
             No, but where I differ with you . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Fairy nuf... - (pwhysall)
         Heh - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
             The reason for that . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Andrew, please update the IWeThey link to zIWeThey! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Once again... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     That gets you the chip makers site. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Typo re "Infoworld Electric" - (Ashton)
         arguing with a white box vendor - (boxley) - (1)
             We don't see those out here much. - (Andrew Grygus)

She can do the Kessel run in under 2 parsecs!
61 ms