IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Attention Norm
Just talked to a recruiter, she has VB jobs and more coming. The usual, ASP + Squeal Server - drop line for email address..
-drl
New it's that damn ASP again
since all my years of programming in VB using Access, Oracle and SQL Server on the backend, were to fulfill the duties of actually getting the job done, and since none of those jobs had anything to do with intranet/internet pages, I can't get a sniff from 99% of the recruiters out there.
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Lie
I'm debating telling total lies vs. being homeless. I shouldn't be faced with such a choice but goddamnfuckit, I'm sick of this shit.
-drl
New ASP versus ASP.NET
I have extensive ASP (for good or bad), but no paid .NET. Thus, places that want ASP and ASP.NET are not going to look at an ASP-only guy. So far ColdFusion looks like a better bet for me. I don't get many hits/inquiries about PHP for some reason.

They still want a huge list of diverse skills. I guess because if they just want a rew related skills they can go to dedicated job boards, such as user groups. Thus, the "panic" inquiries are those that require the oddball combinations.
#1 My doctor has not cleared me to go back to work yet.

#2 I need to devote my time to earning that college degree. I should graduate in Aug 2005.

#3 Most new STL IT jobs are low paid with no overtime pay, I am hearing feedback about them from friends of mine who took them and got jipped and had to look elsewhere. Also a lot of these jobs require low experience and they are rejecting the people who have 3 years or more in VB/ASP because they will want too much of a salary.

#4 The new IT jobs require at least a four year degree, which I do not have yet. See #2 for more info.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Attention Norm - (deSitter) - (4)
         it's that damn ASP again - (lincoln) - (2)
             Lie - (deSitter)
             ASP versus ASP.NET - (tablizer)
         Thanks but I will pass on this one - (orion)

And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I will KILL you!
42 ms