IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New not that big an issue for safety but more concerned with
rotor if not treated in a timely manner. If you have a failed caliper, it is either not releasing after the breke pedal is released causing rotor damage or is frozen, not apply preassure when the brake is pressed. In either case the car will drag one way or another when braking and can be compensated for. If one is aware of the issue and doesnt have a tendance to stomp the brake pedal, he sould be fine.
thanx,
bill
calling the demo primaries since [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=2275|http://z.iwethey.org...ow?contentid=2275]
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Thanks, that's what I wanted to know
Was debating whether to drive it to church tomorrow as usual or drive mine, wanted to know what to expect if it worsened.

We are trying to get it in first thing next week to the dealer, so I'm just concerned with it making it through the weekend. I think we should avoid any long unnecessary drives though, right?

Had thought about running down to South County, in it today, but maybe we should put it off.

That information was really helpful, I appreciate it.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
     Anyone know much about Caliper brakes? - (Nightowl) - (15)
         It's a disk brake - (hnick)
         not that big an issue for safety but more concerned with - (boxley) - (1)
             Thanks, that's what I wanted to know - (Nightowl)
         Re: Anyone know much about Caliper brakes? - (deSitter) - (3)
             Car is under warranty. :) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Re: Car is under warranty. :) - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Yep, I trust Dobbs - (Nightowl)
         Update - (Nightowl) - (7)
             Bushings? Perhaps you misheard - (boxley) - (6)
                 The caliper has to ride on bushings on the bolts... ;-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     thats a dodge, thot she had a GM car - (boxley) - (2)
                         Not anymore. - (folkert)
                         GM's have had bushings since they've had disc brakes -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                 The Screws the caliper Ride on have Bushings. - (folkert) - (1)
                     Re: The Screws the caliper Ride on have Bushings. - (Nightowl)

with the hot blonde.
75 ms