IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Clean room implementation
Just because Mozilla comes up with a feature and MS soon follows, doesn't mean that source code is being usurped. Typical in such cases is to have two groups. One group looks at the source and the behavior of the program and documents how the program works. The second group then takes those documents and implements them in a clean room.
New I should clarify that point
You're right of course. All I meant by my post was that if I were looking for GPL code, I'd check the apps before I'd check the OS. I also wanted to tell the story about the tapdancing; it was really fun to watch, and rather instructional.

I would be amazed if any code were lifted and placed into IE. I would be a bit surprised, though, if when MS implements something that's already been done already, and they can get source to look at, they don't look. Which is OK.
WWJD? JWRTFM.
     Looked at the windows source? - (Steve Lowe) - (30)
         My eyes - they BURN! - (tuberculosis) - (29)
             comments - (cforde)
             I'm still hoping some brave hero goes after it with grep... - (inthane-chan) - (27)
                 Agree about grep, and some observations - (rickw) - (26)
                     Clean room implementation - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         I should clarify that point - (rickw)
                     Xpdf Trivia - (altmann) - (23)
                         Re: Xpdf Trivia - (rickw) - (22)
                             If I were to roll my own - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                                 I've certainly learned a few things about pdf's - (rickw) - (20)
                                     PDF is free - (ChrisR) - (19)
                                         Any recommendations (following in your steps)? - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                             Always the tortorous route - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                 Thanks! It may be a while on returning the favor... ;) -NT - (FuManChu)
                                         Re: PDF is free - (deSitter) - (11)
                                             Adobe NOT nice. Sklyarov ring a bell? -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (9)
                                                 Re: Adobe NOT nice. Sklyarov ring a bell? - (deSitter) - (8)
                                                     Are you defining a custom reality again? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                         Re: Are you defining a custom reality again? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             I remember the history there - (ben_tilly)
                                                     On Adobe support. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                                         Re: On Adobe support. - (deSitter)
                                                         What a coinkydink - (rickw) - (2)
                                                             Re: What a coinkydink - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                 Noted. I did notice that the fonts aren't as pretty. -NT - (rickw)
                                             ps is not free - (tuberculosis)
                                         Have you checked out openoffice for pdf's? - (rickw) - (3)
                                             My requirements are on the server side - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                 More curiosity: what language? -NT - (rickw) - (1)
                                                     Any scripting language will do - (ChrisR)

Oh, for the love of cheese.
71 ms