IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can you show me the EXACT error?
Along with the exact command you are using?
New I'll have to reproduce it tomorrow
It takes forever using PC Nowhere - like driving a mars rover I expect - and as soon as I fire up the PC it knocks all my other net stuff (linksys and macs) off the network. So its like an hour commitment to do it. :-(

The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of bean counters.
     -- Alan Kay
New A workaround of sorts, If all else fails,
why not grab all the table names in those tablespaces and export them that way?

Like, select table_name from all_tables where tablespace_name in ('TS1','TS2','TS3','TS4')

And use the result of that to build your 'TABLES=' parameter for EXP.

It'll even put them back in the right tablespaces if you create all the tables first in the right spots, and put ignore=y in your IMP command.

I figure you know all this anyway, and granted, it's not a pretty solution. But as they say, a stupid plan that works, isn't stupid.

John. Busy lad.
New I'm gradually coming around to that
Just have to keep dashing out for a bigger hammer.

If the stupid box were unix with a decent shell and could handle a command more than once every 30 seconds I'd have hacked a script while connected. But its a bit like planning a sunken vessel salvage operation - you have a limited working time, you're greatly encumbered while working, and the cost of getting to the work site is very high.

Have I mentioned that I dislike windows today?

The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of bean counters.
     -- Alan Kay
     #*%&*& Oracle exp utility - (tuberculosis) - (6)
         Can you show me the EXACT error? - (broomberg) - (3)
             I'll have to reproduce it tomorrow - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 A workaround of sorts, If all else fails, - (Meerkat) - (1)
                     I'm gradually coming around to that - (tuberculosis)
         If that's EXACT command, you forgot "TRANSPORT_TABLESPACE=Y" - (CRConrad) - (1)
             That musta been it - (tuberculosis)

Dim Sum for brunch!
48 ms