IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: As to the 'solar' idea -
Then you can well understand the despair of living on a planet where everyone is an alien. One is left with nothing but a never-ending horror to watch the entire thing burn down and not be able to do anything to stop it - and it WILL burn down - Mutter Hoelle is the destructive function that clears away the dead tissue so that the new can be born. We will certainly miss the birth, and in any case the renewed solar spirit may never come - the planet may be in ruins the the race snuffed out.

These people here do me a great wrong - there is not a mean-sprited bone in my body, and everyone who knows me well will tell you I am as fair and open-minded a person in practice as will be found. But I see farther apparently, and deeper into the horror.

It is easier to trot out nostrums like "homophobe" and "bigot" and "misogynist" than to actually think about what I am saying. To understand it you have to know at least a little about archetypes, and I suppose that is too much to expect. What I am actually "phobed" about is that people have become crazy with pseudo-egalitarian "ideals" that are nothing but cop-outs and deflections and refusals to try to understand why our society is falling to dust. I can understand that - if you look closely you'll find horrors - but that doesn't make the effect any less damaging or unjust.

-drl
There's a less epithetical reference for what is missing in this culture - and many others - since Constantine decided to trash the Nature, feminine-based pantheons and orchestrate a rehashed 'Christianity to order'. His was the very invention of 'heretic' and the first massively lethal application of the consequences. All the anti-sex and anti-natural myths stem from this period of concentrated "rewrite". (This is not new, it just isn't discussed on Fox)

It's not necessary (or even possible) to imagine the mischief of suppressing the Yin from the Yang; a North Pole monad? [Hey, that didn't even fly in physics; I recall an experiment re the monad.. and some conversations with F. Perls? IIRC]

I think you'd find The Da Vinci Code a more than interesting read. Never mind that the plot is fiction (and fascinating storytelling); the concepts discussed with cognizance and subtlety.. are the meat. I deem that the revisionist, manufactured Life of JC sans all refs to Mary Magdalene, except as a 'whore'.. That Bowdlerization is far more relevant to the source of your discontent than.. the fact that homosexuals in Murican culture '04 behave about as inanely as do our hetereosexuals -- esp re 'sex'. Y'know? Yuppie Is as Shallow Does.

Recommend: see if you can snare a library copy, as the discount price is still ~$17. If you don't find it a compelling read, I'll buy your copy + postage - and send it to someone else.

Want some irony? - betcha the one-sex 'marriages' produce a lower divorce rate than the regular serial-monogamy kind -- guess who'd like Not to find that out?

Ashton

..don't pick a scab on a 400# cancer
I think this is exactly correct - the root of the inversion lies in the insane idea of "virgin birth" - nothing could more explicity illustrate the disembodiment of the feminine, which is to say, the projection of the anima onto external forms, and this idea run amok is I think, the origin of most of our problems.

There is a close parallel in Greek society at the end of the previous age, when the exact opposite happened, where the roles of feminine and masculine were reversed from the present day - consider all the powerful female dieties in Greek mythology, which are in fact somewhat inverted embodiments of the Animus, just as today's military heroes modeled on Mars are inverted embodiments of the Anima (the "unrestricted feminine"). It would seem that a new age begins with a polarization that develops autonomously until it becomes destructive of the whole, then the old society dissolves and a new one comes into being. The passing of the baton from Greek to Rome was in fact an age transition with the basic polarization reversed. (I would write at length here about Chaos->Ouranos and the Void->the Word, but I'm tired.)
-drl
     Re: Yawn. - (deSitter) - (39)
         Fuck you with a chainsaw - (inthane-chan) - (4)
             Re: Fuck you with a chainsaw - (deSitter) - (3)
                 How so? - (admin) - (2)
                     Re: How so? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Have I? No. - (admin)
         If you're what it means to be straight... - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Re: If you're what it means to be straight... - (deSitter) - (5)
                 Well, that hasn't happened. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Re: Well, that hasn't happened. - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Normal? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
                             I wouldn't either - (ben_tilly)
         Do you turn off your brain periodically? - (hnick) - (9)
             Re: Do you turn off your brain periodically? - (deSitter) - (8)
                 what order? - (boxley) - (4)
                     Re: what order? - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Right, bring back aristocracy, peasants and slavery - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Ben said it pretty good. - (Nightowl)
                         we arbitrarirly change the entire base every 2 hundred years - (boxley)
                 Oh, real good response - (hnick) - (2)
                     Bang on. -NT - (admin)
                     OUCH! - (Nightowl)
         Pshaw.. *all* of our mores are malleable. - (Ashton) - (16)
             If I got this right, you are reading - (boxley) - (1)
                 Do ya just gots to blab? - (Ashton)
             Re: Pshaw.. *all* of our mores are malleable. - (deSitter) - (13)
                 Blah blah blah blah - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Re: Blah blah blah blah - (deSitter) - (7)
                         But you're a nut job now... - (hnick) - (5)
                             Re: But you're a nut job now... - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 just make sure no one steps on yer toes after 18yrs -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: just make sure no one steps on yer toes after 18yrs - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         the monte folks will get it -NT - (boxley)
                             Nit: that'd be the "right" field fence. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Sounds like Ashcroft. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 As to the 'solar' idea - - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: As to the 'solar' idea - - (deSitter)

What kind of monster says “take care”?
64 ms