IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: where is the NT DNS server?
I have much the same situation, except that one of my PCs runs W2KAS and has AD, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, the full monty running. You should have one machine running the Internet link and ICS. The others should be set to DHCP. If (as it seems) DHCP fails to work, you need to manually set IP addresses in the 192.168.x.y range. Doing this, you will need to manually insert the DNS settings supplied to your internet-connected machine. The default router will be the local (192.168.a.b) address of the internet machine.

My clients are on a 10/8 network; my server's local IP is 10.a.b.c. This latter address is registered as settings in DHCP as being DNS WINS et al. The server's second NIC is on a 192.168/16 network, which talks to a Smoothwall firewall. The firewall has one NIC on 192.168/16 and one NIC on my ISP's network.

qts
New well we got the static method handled
and for a 3 node network that is fine, he was wondering why.where the DHCP server is/was.
thanx,
bill
and everywhere the great Curse of the New World, the American Child, in all its raucous, spoiled, undiciplined, selfish ghastliness, the female specimens keeping up an incessant high-pitched whine and the male infants racketing like cowpokes on payday. There's nothing wrong with grown Americans, by and large you wont find heartier men or bonnier women anywhere, but the only remedy I can see for the children is to run Herod for President.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     where is the NT DNS server? - (boxley) - (3)
         Re: where is the NT DNS server? - (deSitter)
         Re: where is the NT DNS server? - (qstephens) - (1)
             well we got the static method handled - (boxley)

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."
35 ms