IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A Book? - Its been done..
Robert A. Heinlein _If This Goes On_

Published in the omnibus _The Past Through Tomorrow_ and as _Revolt in 2100_

In the novel, Heinlein follows a young West Point graduate as he becomes disillusoned with the govenment of the Prophet - and joins the revolutionary underground spearheaded by the Masons.

In an essay published later, Heinlein said that no one disputed the novel's background - that a repressive 'religous' regime could gain power by the express whishes of the american electorate.
New Re: A Book? - Its been done..
I was thinking of a "Seven days in May" type plot, where a nutbag President plans to let the nukes loose to bring on Judgement Day, supposedly on orders directly from the Big Guy. Rob Patterson say. The CIA gets wind of the plot and a Ryan-like guy sets about foiling it. You could have a lot of fun with that. I'm not so good at plotting but I'd be happy to take ideas and turn it into words :)
-drl
New already been done, Iran builds a nuke
takes over saudi, real jihad is declared. A sane president wants peace at any price and the mullahs graciously accept a meeting in NYC at the UN, once all the world leaders are gathered the mullahs lead a prayer then set off the ICBM's aimed at NYC and smile at the horror.
thanx,
bill
and everywhere the great Curse of the New World, the American Child, in all its raucous, spoiled, undiciplined, selfish ghastliness, the female specimens keeping up an incessant high-pitched whine and the male infants racketing like cowpokes on payday. There's nothing wrong with grown Americans, by and large you wont find heartier men or bonnier women anywhere, but the only remedy I can see for the children is to run Herod for President.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     American Airlines Pilot Plugs Christianity - (lincoln) - (21)
         Rapturitis - (deSitter) - (11)
             Sinner repent - rapturitis in government - (deSitter) - (4)
                 after the rapture, garage sales and auctions will be a blast -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     auctions, hell-- - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         why? be the same people running as now -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Re: why? be the same people running as now - (rcareaga)
             "If this goes on" - Heinlein - (hnick)
             A Book? - Its been done.. - (dlevitt) - (2)
                 Re: A Book? - Its been done.. - (deSitter) - (1)
                     already been done, Iran builds a nuke - (boxley)
             Can't get this out of my head - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                 Re: Can't get this out of my head - (deSitter)
         Actually most religious people are crazy - (lister) - (8)
             It's not enough to have faith. - (Silverlock) - (5)
                 Nah. - (imric) - (3)
                     Just the ones who get noticed. :P -NT - (inthane-chan)
                     Of course, I have to whole-heartedly agree: - (CRConrad)
                     Of course not - (Silverlock)
                 Seems to smack of insecurity to me - (lister)
             Re: Actually most religious people are crazy - (deSitter) - (1)
                 What were they supposed to think? - (Silverlock)

But if you draw a bow, draw the STRONG-est! YEEEEESSS! And if you use an arrow, use the LONGEST! OH YES!!
56 ms