IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can get rid of most of it.
I finally said "Screw the bug count" and got rid of the cruft - my work machine now looks like a Win2k machine, and runs almost as fast..

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Heh - and both my work and home W2K machines...
...look pretty much exactly like a pre-IE W95/NT4 machine[1], work perhaps as fast[2], but are rock fucking solid, in comparison[3].

[1]: Thank you, TweakUI, for the "shell enhancements" check box! (Which I un-checked, that is.)

[2]: What do I know, when I've never used either on a machine this fast? OTOH, my home machine feels at least as fast under W2K as under NT4. OTGH, that could be because I just haven't crufted up the Registry as much on this install -- yet...

[3]: In comparison to NT4, that is. W95 I have not only never used on a machine this fast; I've hardly ever used it at all. (Went directly from W3.11 to NT4.)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     Had to deal with Windows XP yesterday. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
         that's the key point though - (SpiceWare)
         You can get rid of most of it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Heh - and both my work and home W2K machines... - (CRConrad)
         What do you expect? - (ben_tilly)
         XP = eXtra Pointless? - (orion) - (3)
             Went back today to finish the job - big problem. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 The Browser Fairy - (orion) - (1)
                     Sure you can remove them, but . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Void where prohibited.
60 ms