IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In San Francisco this week...
Today through Friday.... This time I came alone, so no "groupie" functions.

Any IEWETHEYer's in San Fran? Also, with my 3rd trip in 3 months, I'm finally learning to use Bart. The rental car isn't worth it here, unless you're going up North.

I was wondering if slugbug was San Fran or the valley? We seem to discuss transaction processing a lot. Also, we're looking at a new EJB project.

Glen
New Well...
Karsten is a decent drive north of you, as is Ashton. Rick Moen is near there. I think that rcareaga is across the Bay from you. Slugbug can get to San Francisco fairly easily.

Grygus and I are, unfortunately, a little far away...

(Stuff that I learned while travelling around last year.)

Cheers,
Ben

PS I should point out that there are several more IWETHEYers in that area, but I'm not sure which ones might have moved since I saw them a couple of years ago. The economy has sucked in those parts...
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
Expand Edited by ben_tilly Feb. 4, 2004, 01:51:24 PM EST
New I have tomorrow night....
because I have dinner plans tonight with someone at the office.

And Friday I'm headed back to Dallas.

But, it appears I could be back 3-4 more times in the next couple of months.

Glen
New next time...
Glen,

Next time you're about to head to SF from Dallas, gimme a heads up
a few days ahead and I'll hook up with ya'. I'm rather swamped at
the moment, but about 2 hours from SF so could get there with some
notice...not directly in SF or the Valley though.

It's firstnamelastname all one word at apple charlie mary dot org.

Best,
Slugbug

New Got it, Thx....
Also, I may be able to rent a car for a day too. I actually like being out of the city.

Funny, everyone is so in love with San Francisco, but I'd much rather be in Marin, Sonoma/Napa, Mt. Tamalpias, Muir Woods, Sacramento, in the Red Woods, or even over near Lake Tahoe. I hear the PCH down the coast (South) is nice, too, but I haven't been that way, yet.

I'm just not a city boy, even though I live near Dallas/Ft. Worth. I try to stay out of the city as much as possible.

I don't know how anyone in the city sleeps. I have an outside room and hear the bus sounds, sirens, etc. all night. I'd rather listen to crickets.

Glen Austin
     In San Francisco this week... - (gdaustin) - (4)
         Well... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             I have tomorrow night.... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                 next time... - (slugbug) - (1)
                     Got it, Thx.... - (gdaustin)

My head feels like a frisbee.
103 ms