IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I see your point
there are some people who are "book smart" but lack common sense and other important things. Like creativity, a work ethic, fairness, teamwork abilities, etc.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New No, not really
Good grades automatically follow involvement - but if you are just gunning for grades, you'll end up with a shallow knowledge and an ulcer. I knew this woman who was just obsessed with making As - she'd always succeed but she drove herself nutty and would forget everything a week after the test. Another would make Ds because she was half-stoned all the time and had test anxiety - a few week's coaching and she was making As because she got involved and knew what she was doing. My best tutoring effort ever was to get her up to a B in thermodynamics when she was in last place in the class at midterm - she ended up with the second highest grade on the final, because she stopped thinking about grades and started thinking about thermodynamics, and it started being fun to her.

Point - grades are often meaningless and you should never obsess over them. Think about the material and make it fun and grades automatically follow.
-drl
New I do
there are theories that have been around for at least 100 years on management that modern managers do not even use. I hope to use them to help run things better. If we are learning the knowledge, we might as well apply it in our jobs.

I do not count points as the other students do, instead I do my best on whatever paper or test I am working on. Even if it has low points or no points, I do my best. Which is why, I theorize, that I earn my A's.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Aced my final exam - (orion) - (15)
         Great! - (deSitter) - (5)
             Worthless? Not in this case! - (Steve Lowe) - (4)
                 OK I'll concede that - (deSitter) - (3)
                     I see your point - (orion) - (2)
                         No, not really - (deSitter) - (1)
                             I do - (orion)
         Congratulations! -NT - (tjsinclair)
         Really glad to hear it! - (Nightowl) - (1)
             That is just my personality - (orion)
         Even from me: Congratulations! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Zooma cum laude! - (Ashton)
         Congratulations! -NT - (imric)
         Way-ta-go Norm... -NT - (jbrabeck)
         congrats, rewards for hard work -NT - (boxley)
         sweeeet! -NT - (SpiceWare)

I don't need to do a bunch of coke to be happy.
175 ms