IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aced my final exam
I studied hard for it all weekend and part of Monday. I even missed the Superbowl to study for it. I knew the answers to all the questions even the Essay ones.

I helped my team study by sending them a few emails on the theories used in the class and examples of them. Sort of a Cliff's Notes or in this case Norman's Notes. :) I might do more of that in the future, write down notes on the computer and email them to classmates to study for a test. Most of them are working full-time and do not have the time to read the whole book verbatum as I do.

I got nothing but A's on my papers, team projects, and quizes. So I predict another A on my course list. I know that some day there is a B or C in my future, but not just yet.

I had no idea I could be so good at Business Management. I think I've made the honor roll. Last computed GPA was 3.88 before I took this class.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Great!
Grades are worthless, but it's better than Fs.
-drl
New Worthless? Not in this case!
Grades are not at all worthless. In this case, they are serving to instill confidence in Norman and consequently helping to build his self esteem. His getting good grades in this current line of coursework could be the catalyst for him to make the turn that we all know he's capable of (well at least most of us).

Good show, Norman, keep up the good work!
-----
Steve
New OK I'll concede that
I always thought the "grade chase" was a total waste of time. All getting As proved was that you could get As.
-drl
New I see your point
there are some people who are "book smart" but lack common sense and other important things. Like creativity, a work ethic, fairness, teamwork abilities, etc.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New No, not really
Good grades automatically follow involvement - but if you are just gunning for grades, you'll end up with a shallow knowledge and an ulcer. I knew this woman who was just obsessed with making As - she'd always succeed but she drove herself nutty and would forget everything a week after the test. Another would make Ds because she was half-stoned all the time and had test anxiety - a few week's coaching and she was making As because she got involved and knew what she was doing. My best tutoring effort ever was to get her up to a B in thermodynamics when she was in last place in the class at midterm - she ended up with the second highest grade on the final, because she stopped thinking about grades and started thinking about thermodynamics, and it started being fun to her.

Point - grades are often meaningless and you should never obsess over them. Think about the material and make it fun and grades automatically follow.
-drl
New I do
there are theories that have been around for at least 100 years on management that modern managers do not even use. I hope to use them to help run things better. If we are learning the knowledge, we might as well apply it in our jobs.

I do not count points as the other students do, instead I do my best on whatever paper or test I am working on. Even if it has low points or no points, I do my best. Which is why, I theorize, that I earn my A's.

New Congratulations!
Tom Sinclair

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair
is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the
deodorant bottle.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
Expand Edited by tjsinclair Feb. 3, 2004, 12:48:52 AM EST
New Really glad to hear it!
I knew you were worried about it!

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New That is just my personality
if I didn't care I wouldn't worry. If I didn't worry, I wouldn't study so much to make sure I drill it into my head so I can remember it on a test. :)

New Even from me: Congratulations!
New Zooma cum laude!
That's latin for

Goooo --> Norman!

Kewl the rest of the term, and I betcha Beep will give ya a free Platinum Pass:

Officially Immune from pool-dunking.
Suitable for framing.
New Congratulations!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Way-ta-go Norm...
"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25
New congrats, rewards for hard work
I do hold an englishman's brothel is his castle , where he should behave accordingly--as many flash tails as he likes , but none of the troop fornications that the orientals and germans indulge in. Its not the indecency I mind , but the company of a lot of boozy brutes hallooing and kicking up a deuce of a row when I want to concentrate and give off my best. A regular bacchanalia is something to see right enough, but I am with the discriminating Frog who said that one is interesting, but only a cad would make a habit of it.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New sweeeet!
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
     Aced my final exam - (orion) - (15)
         Great! - (deSitter) - (5)
             Worthless? Not in this case! - (Steve Lowe) - (4)
                 OK I'll concede that - (deSitter) - (3)
                     I see your point - (orion) - (2)
                         No, not really - (deSitter) - (1)
                             I do - (orion)
         Congratulations! -NT - (tjsinclair)
         Really glad to hear it! - (Nightowl) - (1)
             That is just my personality - (orion)
         Even from me: Congratulations! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Zooma cum laude! - (Ashton)
         Congratulations! -NT - (imric)
         Way-ta-go Norm... -NT - (jbrabeck)
         congrats, rewards for hard work -NT - (boxley)
         sweeeet! -NT - (SpiceWare)

Desperate, but not serious.
64 ms