IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As the business goes global
expect to see more of this. We are learning about this in class. Some US employees will be paid more to make the transition to another country to train people there and work with them. It may be for a few years or so. Then they would come back to the US for a while, and do it again. A work visa or passport only allows a temporary visit in a country, but then it depends on the country's laws. You also have to learn the culture, native language, and government and laws. Don't do any moonlighting, only work for the company who sent you. Some people are making as much as $300,000USD a year to travel to other countries and help them set up business there.

My instructor has a company he owns that does that and more, also teaches US businesses to make improvements, avoid fraud, and manage better. They can spot fraud in a business and teach them how to avoid it in the future. Like someone embezziling money or using funds for personal needs. They can also teach organizations in other countries how to have quality control, manage better, etc.

Indian organizations vary on qaulity, some have it and some don't.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Ouroboros. This snake dines on his own tail. CIEIO-material
New It started some time ago
around 1975-1980 when US Businesses started to teach the world how to do business. Not every part of the world mind you, but the starving third world countries like India, Pakistan, etc. They were starved for knowledge and starved for food because their economies were bad. US businesses went in there and trained them how to do business and build their economies. Indian companies saw the trend for IT work, and India gave out a lot of scholarships for IT training. Indian companies also paid for IT training and college. They undercut US companies by having a much lower working wage than the US has, below US minimum wage. This is because their standard of living is lower, and their economy is worse than ours. After 20 years of rebuilding, learning, and improving, they are taking away jobs and capital from the USA. Change happens all the time, if an individual or organization does not change with the times, they lose out. Indian companies have learned to be more competitive than US companies and undercut on costs of salary. They are also learning how to implement quality control so one day their quality will be the same or better than US companies. Some have already reached that level or passed it. Not all, but some of them.

Watch as another trend happens. The Indian economy will grow to the point that it is no longer economical to hire Indian IT workers and the jobs will go to the next lowest country. My choices are Thailand and The Philipines for the next lowest country on cheap labor.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New I meant: your teeechur's mindset; eating his own. ie Creepo
     This may be the end of US as we know it - (Arkadiy) - (21)
         start eating more curry and wear lots of cheap cologne - (boxley)
         As the business goes global - (orion) - (3)
             Ouroboros. This snake dines on his own tail. CIEIO-material -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                 It started some time ago - (orion) - (1)
                     I meant: your teeechur's mindset; eating his own. ie Creepo -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: This may be the end of US as we know it - (dmarker) - (14)
             Re: added UPDATED comments - (dmarker) - (13)
                 Something missing from the parallel - (Silverlock) - (3)
                     Was thinking of this today - the new saboteurs are already - (dmarker) - (2)
                         Red herring. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             That seems a good guess - (Silverlock)
                 Yeah, right - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                     I fear you may be missing a serious shift that is occuring - (dmarker) - (7)
                         Trained people spend weeks producing buggy unusable code - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                             One of us hasn't been to China :-) - (dmarker) - (4)
                                 I do agree that real programmers happen everywhere. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                     ICLRPD for the programmers among us (new thread) - (FuManChu)
                                     Re: managed to be there when IBM started up, also India - (dmarker) - (1)
                                         I think we're in agreement here - (Arkadiy)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Silverlock)
         Cringely's take on the subject. - (Another Scott)

Hi, my name is Linus Torvalds, and I pronounce "LRPD" as "LRPD".
92 ms