IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New dont admit stuff like that!
it makes the others think they are doh!lts then the start thinking that you arnt as brilliant as they thought. I do the same thing when I can find it.
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Pah.
Reading a manual doesn't make me brilliant. Knowing the right place to look and finding information that others can't does, though. ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New We don't have the same manual then
Because extensive googling and digging through the 7.4 docs wasn't showing me a single non-trivial SQL language example.

Actually, they mostly leave out the little fact that you have to load the plpgsql language and then write your function in that (all my other functions were written in 'sql'.

The docs could be a *lot* better around triggers.

.....To the future or to the past, to a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone -- to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone:
.....From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink -- greetings!

-- George Orwell, 1984
New I didn't find an example.
I just found where they had the list of OLD, NEW, etc., then there was an example showing how to use NEW. OLD was the second entry in section 37.10, [link|http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plpgsql-trigger.html|"Trigger Procedures".]

Installing the languages is right at the beginning of the [link|http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/xplang.html|procedural language doc]:
A procedural language must be "installed" into each database where it is to be used. But procedural languages installed in the template1 database are automatically available in all subsequently created databases. So the database administrator can decide which languages are available in which databases, and can make some languages available by default if he chooses.

For the languages supplied with the standard distribution, the shell script createlang may be used instead of carrying out the details by hand. For example, to install PL/pgSQL into the template1 database, use

createlang plpgsql template1
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Porting Oracle Delete Trigger to PGSQL - (tuberculosis) - (10)
         It's just "OLD". - (admin) - (9)
             Re: It's just "OLD". - (deSitter) - (8)
                 About what? - (admin) - (7)
                     Re: About what? - (deSitter) - (5)
                         Here's the thing, though: - (admin) - (4)
                             dont admit stuff like that! - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Pah. - (admin) - (2)
                                     We don't have the same manual then - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                         I didn't find an example. - (admin)
                     Online PostgreSQL book - (ChrisR)

When's the last time you heard China?
38 ms