IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brits not buying Hutton report
[link|http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/01/30/hutton.blair/index.html|http://edition.cnn.c....blair/index.html]

In a poll for The Guardian newspaper, fewer than one in four people questioned felt Gavyn Davies and Greg Dyke needed to resign after Lord Hutton's scathing condemnation of the BBC's editorial and managerial standards on Wednesday.

The poll found that 31 percent of those questioned had faith in the BBC, compared to just 10 percent who had faith in ministers. Some 49 percent said they trusted neither side.

----------

This coupled with the show of support for the resigned leader from his employees makes for something smelling funny.

.....To the future or to the past, to a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone -- to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone:
.....From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink -- greetings!

-- George Orwell, 1984
New So what? So they're more astute than Muricans? Knew that.
bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
New Isn't Hutton the same guy who whitewashed Bloody Sunday?
-----------------------------------------
"If you don't vote, it's your fault!"

jb4
New Re: Brits not buying Hutton report
You need to know that the Guardian is solidly pro-Labour.
qts
New Guardian is solidly left-wing, not pro Labour.
There is a difference.
Matthew Greet

But we must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig, cow after cow, village after village, army after army. And they call me an assassin. What do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassin? They lie. They lie and we must be merciful to those who lie.
- Colonol Kurtz, Apocalypse Now.
     Brits not buying Hutton report - (tuberculosis) - (4)
         So what? So they're more astute than Muricans? Knew that. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Isn't Hutton the same guy who whitewashed Bloody Sunday? -NT - (Silverlock)
         Re: Brits not buying Hutton report - (qstephens) - (1)
             Guardian is solidly left-wing, not pro Labour. - (warmachine)

I should drag your fat arse over here and make you clean the coffee off my monitor.
52 ms