IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New need an extra wife? Law may let you get one
[link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/27/national/main596268.shtml|http://www.cbsnews.c.../main596268.shtml]
Dani Eyer, executive director of the ACLU of Utah, which is not a party to the case, said the state will "have to step up to prove that a polygamous relationship is detrimental to society."

"There's no denying that thousands and thousands are doing that here and will maintain that it's healthy," she said. "The model of the nuclear family as we know it in the immediate past is unique, and may not be necessarily be the best model. Maybe it's time to have this discussion."
still think that marriage is a state responsibility? Me, I'd rather not have two women nagging me to get a job, one is plenty
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Already have one too many
But this bit

the state will "have to step up to prove that a polygamous relationship is detrimental to society."

is easy to show in several cases. There are more than a couple clowns with harems and multiple mouths to feed on welfare. If you can't pay, you shouldn't play. I don't feel like feeding them.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Jan. 28, 2004, 11:58:55 AM EST
New Likewise...
there people with multiple wives and no one is on welfare.

(History bit: look into the guy who invented the lie-detector.)
New In Thailand they unoffically do this
a man can have two wives if one is married by paper and the other is married by living together. Against the law to have more than one wife, but men still do it there. Since the second marriage is not legal, it is not breaking the law. Sort of like having a mistress the other wife knows about, but is unable to do anything about. Some even take food and other things to the second wife's house to feed the husband and help him out. Why? Because a divorce in Thailand gains a woman nothing, no alamony or child support, no half of the assets of the marriage.

Having more than one wife will be rough when both of them want a divorce in the US. Child support and alamony to both wives, and work like a Jamacan to pay it off with three jobs. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Several countries allow it
Muslim countries allow up to 4 iirc.
New 'You can tell a fool by his two wives' . .
. . old Moslem saying. If you can't handle one, bringing in another is a losing strategy. They're more likely to gang up on you than counterbalance each other.

Here in Los Angeles Moslem men are known for multiple wives, but it's a serial not parallel thing. No matter how they try to keep them secluded the wives soon learn the wicked ways of American women, so the guys have to periodically go home and get a fresh one.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New What do you call a man with > 1 wife?
Masochist. Or is that >= ? I forget.
bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
     need an extra wife? Law may let you get one - (boxley) - (6)
         Already have one too many - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Likewise... - (Simon_Jester)
         In Thailand they unoffically do this - (orion) - (1)
             Several countries allow it - (Simon_Jester)
         'You can tell a fool by his two wives' . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         What do you call a man with > 1 wife? - (mmoffitt)

Looks like I shouldn't have skipped putting on the third coat of sarcasm.
87 ms