IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, I'm not really fishing for alternate names
My question is whether or not it's a good idea to use a name that Cal Berkeley and Intel (among a few others) are already using and have web pages about. So that's why I left the actual use of the app indeterminate.

To answer your question, though:

1. Start with a Wiki, with user notification and reminder features. Topic pages are straight HTML, with some useful shortcuts when submitting.
2. Remove CamelCaseLinks and allow topic names of any kind.
3. When topic content contains a date/time in ISO format (e.g., 2004-01-25 15:00:00), make that an automatic link to a calendar. Put return links on the calendar to each topic which has an ISO date in that range.
4. Douse the whole thing in a barrel of topic namespaces, one per user group. Every topic page/document is then owned by a single group, and each group has its own [link|http://www.endue.org/motecal.gif|Calendar]. All users have their own Private group-of-one, and there's a default Public group. If you're in a group, you can view/edit/etc those topics, as well as "publish" them to other groups (actually, send a key to the moderators of that other group so they can pull it (or reject it) instead of having it pushed onto them; for a Private group, the single user is the moderator).
5. Group-owned uploads. Plus, hopefully a bit of file magic and "convert to HTML" fun. But that's not essential to the concept.

There's more--that's just what I've written in the last 4 days (finishing up the namespace stuff right now). Python is SO fun.
I was one of the original authors of VB, and *I* wouldn't use VB for a text
processing program. :-)
Michael Geary, on comp.lang.python
New Maybe something like "wikispaces"?
You are building a collaberation tool. You want its name to indicate collaberation to casual users.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Wikka
-drl
New If so, wiki* isn't it.
I think I can count on one hand the number of people I've met who know what a wiki is. Plus mine isn't really a wiki anymore--I think anyone who uses a "real Wiki" would be upset if they saw me calling mine a wiki. >>GASP<< It doesn't use CamelCase!! Heretic!

:)
I was one of the original authors of VB, and *I* wouldn't use VB for a text
processing program. :-)
Michael Geary, on comp.lang.python
New Wiked
--

Select [link|http://www.glumbert.com/pictures/Default.asp?index=30|here].
     Naming a piece of software - (FuManChu) - (16)
         Screw everybody else, do what you want. - (Yendor) - (1)
             I knew that Glad it's over with. :D -NT - (FuManChu)
         Go combinatorial. - (admin) - (6)
             Good suggestion - (FuManChu) - (4)
                 How about: - (admin)
                 'bout thes? - (folkert) - (1)
                     Very nice. - (Another Scott)
                 promo/shag -NT - (boxley)
             I agree use a combo - (orion)
         Re: Naming a piece of software - (deSitter)
         WTF is it supposed to do? - (ben_tilly) - (5)
             Yes, I'm not really fishing for alternate names - (FuManChu) - (4)
                 Maybe something like "wikispaces"? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     Wikka -NT - (deSitter)
                     If so, wiki* isn't it. - (FuManChu) - (1)
                         Wiked -NT - (Arkadiy)

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
43 ms