IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New sounds like easy money
This is interesting in light of [link|http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jan/01182004/nation_w/130245.asp|this] recent article.

So, if a worker dies during a fire, say, cause they couldn't escape thru locked doors (and the fire doors were blocked, on fire, whatever), do they still get the life insurance pay out, or is there some sort of negligience on the part of WalMart which nullfies the contract - sorta like when an insured person commits suicide?

If not, I'm sure the insurance company is kicking its ass after having read the article above.

"We're so sorry to hear about your lo$$, Mrs. Gonzales, but rest assured, Wal-Mart will carry on in your husbands absence. Here's a gift certificate; get yourself something nice for the funeral, would you!?"

mX.

"I'm man enough to tell you that I can't put my finger on
exactly what my philosophy is now, but I'm flexible."
-- Malcolm X
New Suicide is usually covered by insurance
There is a time delay before they kick in, a couple of years or so depending on the policy.

I think it comes under the heading of death by mental illness. If it happens too soon, it was premeditated, but if it happens later, it has nothing to do with screwing the insurance company so it is covered.

Policy specific, of course, but they few I read all covered it.
New That still seems strange to me
You are making a bet that you will die. That's what life insurance is. Your death is required for collection. The bookie^H^H^H^H^H^H^H insurance company should pay if you do (even if you kill yourself). The insurance companies will all, of course, disallow this "benefit" as a condition of taking the policy(betting slip). I remember reading that the only corporations to not lose money during the depression of the twenties were insurance.

In the long run, the house always wins.
-----------------------------------------
.sig pending
New well on the other hand
the 800 a year I pay gives my wife 4 years of current salary which would give her breathing room as she wouldnt be paying a high nut on a house as she would (im guessing) go home to our house in Alaska. Conversly she could pay that one off, get 3 years current salary with no bills and make her own plans for the future. Having a father die with minimal insurance (about 6 months salary) caused a hardship I would not want to put my wife thru. If my wife predeceases me unless some auto hits her and is at fault I am totally screwed. I would have to sell my kids ^H^H^H^Hcars, Tv's move to a studio apartment with lots of bunkbeds to afford childcare. Oh well I could handle it. But I will bet I might die for $800 a year just to say that I am worth more dead than alive.
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New There is one catch
you have to live 1 or 2 years after making the life insurance subscription. After that if you commit suicide, your next of kin or whomever the beneficary is gets the settlement.

The downside is that the insured dies and will never get to see the money. So sort of like placing a bet that you die, and you never get to collect it, your beneficary does. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New In Missouri it is covered
and there is no delay. I've had friends who committed suicide, insurance covered them. I think Missouri has a law on it, IIRC.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

More Walmart Sleaze - (tuberculosis) - (10)
         not the only company doing just that -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             No, just the leader -NT - (tuberculosis)
             And that makes it right? -NT - (Silverlock)
         sounds like easy money - (xtensive) - (5)
             Suicide is usually covered by insurance - (broomberg) - (4)
                 That still seems strange to me - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     well on the other hand - (boxley)
                     There is one catch - (orion)
                 In Missouri it is covered - (orion)
         This has been covered by more than one post here and... - (folkert)

Oh, freddled gruntbuggly! Thy micturations are unto me!
46 ms