IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You know what
I am not going to talk about your mindset, or the attitude you seem to have with women/feminists.

I'll instead stick to the subject and talk about those books.

#1 Nobody is perfect and in this society either a man or women will cheat on each other in a marriage sometimes. Not every man and woman and not every marriage, just some of them. The cheater has to learn to repent and not cheat again to gain the trust of their spouse. Hopefully he or she has learned a valuable lesson. I see this book not as a guide to cheat, but a guide to what women have learned from cheating so that women who read the book do not have to cheat on their husbands in order to learn. It acutally may prevent women from cheating on their husbands.

#2 Women's roles have changed over the years. Some women are now earning more than men and are able to run households. Some husbands may be unable to or not want to run households, so this leaves it up to the wife. My wife, who is not a feminist, manages our finances and I help out when I can, for example. There are things I do in the house that she does not like replace broken light bulbs, hang pictures, manage the computers, call companies about bills, etc. We share in the responsibility. If I had to do everything, I may not be able to handle it. Say the husband gets sick and ends up in a hospital, what is the wife to do if she does not know how to run a household? I see this as a good thing to teach women how to manage households, gives men a break sometimes and if something happens to the man, the woman can handle things.

#3 Some Modern marriages just do not work out or the spouse dies. An unmarried man who never was married before is certainly going to be different than a widower or divorced man. I see this as a guide to finding the right man who already had a woman in his life.

#4 I think I've seen books before on how to figure out a woman on the first date. Seems fair that there is a book written for women to do the same thing for a man. It tells a woman how to spot The Narcissist, etc. Something I am sure that you agree a woman should learn to avoid certain personality types. A man should avoid a female narcissist as well, I should think.

So let me ask you one question:

"Have you actually read these books before tearing them apart?"

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Expand Edited by orion Jan. 14, 2004, 01:27:29 PM EST
Expand Edited by orion Jan. 14, 2004, 01:29:47 PM EST
New Re: You know what
1) Bullshit - it's an attempt to ennoble betrayal.

2) Bullshit - when the feminists take over, you'll be hors d'oeuvres.

3) Bullshit - marriages are entered into stupidly, and then not taken seriously, because an individual doesn't value the idea of a union.

4) and finally, bullshit - the point of this book is "I don't want to meet a man, I want to meet a dick that will have the least amount of male baggage welded to it."
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Jan. 14, 2004, 01:37:13 PM EST
New Anf finally, 5: I notice you didn't answer the question.
New Don't worry
if his current trend keeps up, he won't be reading books he doesn't like, he'll be burning them. :)

No further reasonable conversation can continue in the current manner that he addressed my post with. Common element to 1 to 4 was BS, despite the fact that he still has not answered if he read the books in question yet.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

One Feminist's Scribing - (deSitter) - (41)
         I'd respond in detail - (ben_tilly) - (34)
             Re: I'd respond in detail - (deSitter) - (33)
                 Heh.. - (hnick) - (4)
                     Re: Heh.. - (deSitter)
                     Common problem - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                         Re: Common problem - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Basic problem: Your "definition" is the (Repo-)Newspeak one. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 I'll have to get back to you... - (ben_tilly)
                 Um... - (slugbug) - (26)
                     Re: Um... - (deSitter) - (25)
                         Yeah, former monarchs have always had problems . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Do not blame the feminists - (orion) - (5)
                             Not bad, Norman - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Speaking of Rosie... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     Found The link for it - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                         Good sleuthing, Owlet! - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             You're welcome. :) - (Nightowl)
                         Translation: - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                             Re: Translation: - (deSitter) - (6)
                                 I'm going to assume it's the pain and/or drugs - (hnick) - (4)
                                     Re: I'm going to assume it's the pain and/or drugs - (deSitter) - (3)
                                         And I suggest - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Re: And I suggest - (deSitter)
                                         Oh, it fell apart long ago. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 We aren't in a court - (ben_tilly)
                         DRL, reasonable response to your question.... - (slugbug) - (9)
                             Re: DRL, reasonable response to your question.... - (deSitter) - (8)
                                 Quotes of canonical American feminists - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     All those quotes . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 DRL, further analysis needed on your part (a tad long) - (slugbug) - (5)
                                     Re: DRL, further analysis needed on your part (a tad long) - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         You're making it more complicated than it is really.... - (slugbug) - (1)
                                             Re: You're making it more complicated than it is really.... - (deSitter)
                                         Ross, you're talking out of your arse again. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             OK CRC. You got it. -NT - (deSitter)
         Your insecurity is showing again. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             In what way? - (deSitter)
         You know what - (orion) - (3)
             Re: You know what - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Anf finally, 5: I notice you didn't answer the question. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Don't worry - (orion)

Massteria!
72 ms