IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Never
The people who develop it are hacks - as in, BAD HACKEY PROGRAMMERS and IDIOTS. Linux is fine for character mode UNIX but of course it's for that very reason about 20 years out of date. Fine for a server, sucks as a WS.

Ghostscript? What a piece of shit compared to real PS work like Acrobat.
New Lose the lemon.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Why?
Why not tell the truth? I spend my time mostly with a monopolist POS dungpile called Windows, because the "community" solution is an even bigger POS. People are mostly too stupid for words and communities make it worse.
New Because your invective is not helping.
You want some truth? The truth is that using Linux as a desktop has gotten measurably better over the years. Much faster than X Windows on traditional Unix, in fact, due largely to the communities. That, too, is fact. The current problem I was highlighting is that there is still major development to be done. And the sooner the better.

Wade.

New Won't Happen
Why not admit the truth? The IT industry is a developing disaster precisely because the movers and shakers in the "community" are ineffectual idiots who prefer insipid mentalized appearences to food-on-the-table reality. The reality is, the worst guy won - Microsoft. Nice guys finish last. Nice guys go hungry. Nice guys never get laid.
New Go away.

New Or go up in flames, I don't care.

Expand Edited by static Oct. 16, 2001, 04:16:22 AM EDT
New Hah.
In one exchange with me you've already proved that you know fuck all about Linux, and fuck all about fonts.

Why would anyone trust your opinion of Ghostscript, given this record?

Anyway, piss off. There are people in this thread having a constructive discussion about stuff *they* find useful.

You're just pissing in the barrel for no apparent reason except to be a fucking drama queen.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Actually..
..it's 3 in the morning and I'm completely fucked up and bored beyond tears and it's amazing I can even type.

I'm always at arxiv.org, I know PS that works, and GS isn't it. It's the typical hack-ass shit, good for nothing, tossed together, no skill, no art.

Sorry I rode you about FIPS. You're a good guy, if a little too buttoned up.
New FFS
I'm sick to the fucking back teeth of this bollocks.

You give people a hard time, and they do one of three things. One, they just go away quietly. Two, they apologise and try to bridge the gap. Then you show how terribly tortured you are by kicking them when they're down.

Three, they FUCKING BITE BACK. I *don't* care, Ross. You can't get to me by telling me how fucked up you are, or how much your life sucks.

You've done this pattern with me at least twice now (Ross says/asks "blah", Peter goes "foo", Ross goes "Whine that's not enough/not right", Peter goes "What the fucking fuck [insert long, tedious argument about fonts here]", Ross goes "Aw, sorry, you're a good guy but [insert random insult here]").

Either contribute to this community, or fuck off. What you're doing now is taking away, and that WILL NOT DO.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New You're Supposed to Be Friends
So let me melt down - is it hurting you? No.

At least I can generate a few BeVs of emotion, even if completely despairingly fucked up, once in a while instead of more randomized engrammatic pattern matching.
New As I said
Contribute, or fuck off.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm a loyal friend - but I don't put up with bullshit.

I don't go onto (small, close-knit) online communities and tell people that I consider them to be diahorrea stains. Or that they're two-thirds dead maggots, because they're atheist. I actually *support* and *promote* my friends, Ross, because - *news flash* - they're people I LIKE and I want THEM to like ME. And that's how it works.

I suggest, if you want to have anyone left in this community you can call a friend, you start doing the same.

You wanna melt down? Go ahead. Be my guest. Doesn't bother me.

But stop shitting on people.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New No Stones
You're too frigid to conjure a real emotion, like the rest of the dead weight in IT. If it's not in the user's manual of fake patterned responses, it doesn't exist. Reality is a collating sequence and you've got an MCSE in interpretation of the ultimate code stream - right?
New Pogue Mahone
Too frigid.

Yeah.

Tell my son that, you wanker.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New POAD, asshole.
What's that, if not "real emotion", you stupid wank-stain?

You think I'd say stuff like that if I didn't genuinely feel it?!?

Ah, OTOH -- who gives a fuck, any more, what you think...

Just POAD.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Too Fucking Much About Walking Assholes
     The Static Page: Fonts; Another Linux hurdle. - (static) - (43)
         I have yet to figure out... - (admin) - (2)
             Copyright & URW Fonts - (kmself) - (1)
                 That's all well and good... - (admin)
         Wade, Meet J. R. User - (jb4) - (12)
             What I've discovered so far, in more detail. - (static) - (11)
                 Re: What I've discovered so far, in more detail. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Hinting and AA/smoothing. - (static) - (4)
                         :heh - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Ah - retro-computing is a wonderful thing. - (static) - (1)
                                 nogsh -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Cleartype on CRT. - (inthane-chan)
                     gdkxWTF??? - (jb4) - (4)
                         nogsh: - (admin)
                         Re: gdkxWTF??? - (pwhysall)
                         nogsh - (pwhysall)
                         Understanding the technology. - (static)
         Don't hold your breath. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Heh.. {sigh}\ufffd - (Ashton)
             Community's answer worse than usual. - (static)
         Amazing - (deSitter) - (23)
             Clarification. - (static) - (15)
                 Never - (deSitter) - (14)
                     Lose the lemon. -NT - (static) - (5)
                         Why? - (deSitter) - (4)
                             Because your invective is not helping. - (static) - (3)
                                 Won't Happen - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Go away. -NT - (static)
                                     Or go up in flames, I don't care. -NT - (static)
                     Hah. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                         Actually.. - (deSitter) - (6)
                             FFS - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 You're Supposed to Be Friends - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     As I said - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         No Stones - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             Pogue Mahone - (pwhysall)
                                             POAD, asshole. - (CRConrad)
             What else is amazing. - (marlowe) - (6)
                 Well if I had to settle for a toasted marlowe-mello - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Mello? Me? I have never been mello. - (marlowe) - (3)
                         An Oliva fan, eh? That explains some things... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Then it's Liebestodt fer you, kid (er -marsh)m*a*llow :-P -NT - (Ashton)
                         ROFL - (deSitter)
                 Yah - we let it get on a bit. - (static)

I have a horse!
149 ms