IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wild-card.
2nd premise: Muhammad was the final prophet, following the likes of Abraham, Moses, Isaiah and Jesus. True Islamic followers must also observe the teachings of these prophets. You can't just pick and choose which prophets you want to follow. Moses was given the laws about murder, stealing, and bearing false witness against one's neighbors. Jesus told us to love our neighbors as ourselves, love your enemies and to do good to those that hate you. He also said, "blessed are the peacemakers".

Jesus also refers to himself as the Son of God, but Islam does not. So how do they deal with that? Do they alter His teachings somehow? (Myself, I don't know.) This might be taking us further into what true Islam means than you may have wanted to go.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New What I've determined ...
... is that Muhammad was a mortal person with mortal flaws (unlike Jesus). I thought that Muslems merely didn't believe Jesus rose from the dead after three days.
New Sort of
Muslims do believe that Mary did not lay with man. But they don't believe that Jesus was the son of god. Rather that he a specially marked human prophet. The most clear cut verse that places Jesus among the mortals that I can see is this: They do blaspheme who say: 'Allah is Christ the son of Mary.' But said Christ: 'O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrongdoers be no one to help

Theis verse is also interesting for the way it mentions the Trinity by name: O People of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) A Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to Him: (far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Jay
New Resolving Bible-Koran conflicts
The Bible reflects a religious history that Muslims believe in.

However the Bible is a document that went through considerable editing over time. In fact the New Testament was written from eye-witness accounts at some remove from the actual events, there were multiple versions of the testaments around, and the current document is based on an authorized selection of such. This makes it subject to interpretation not just of what was purportedly said, but whether the words you see have been altered.

Now the Koran was dictated by Mohammed. There is no ambiguity, and no question.

Therefore when the accounts given in the Bible come into conflict with the accounts given by Mohammed of what really happened, all good Muslims believe that Mohammed's account is definitive.

That said, there is a specific resolution of the "son of God" issue. For that resolution in their own words, various links from [link|http://www.submission.org/jesus/|this page] may enlighten.

Cheers,
Ben
New "The Koran was dictated by Muhammed" Also the book of Mormon
by Joseph Smith, no ambiguity. What I find interesting was the Koran being written by the old testament version of a fleet owner of tractor trailers. He had poetry as well as the spirit of an accountant. makes you look at truck drivers in a new light.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New That's a good point.
About the origins of the Koran vs the authorship of The Bible. Thank you.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New More Koranic proof that bin Laden is evil
Thanks for the excellent link. Bin Laden has said that the One True God has told him to kill innocent civilians. His own Quran says that no soul bears the burden of another. He is murdering people with souls that are innocent. Just one more obvious proof that Satan has taken control of these terrorist's souls and caused them to brutally disgrace Islam. According to the Quran, these terrorists are now reaping what they have sown. They sowed murder and destruction and they are now losing their power to continue their campaign of hatred.

Quran (The Final Testament) confirms the basic principle in the Old and New Testaments, that a man will reap only what he sows.

"Every soul is responsible only for his/her own work" 53:39

".............no soul benefits except from its own work, and none bears the burden of another......" 6:164
     Fighting terrorism using Islamic Law - (brettj) - (18)
         Wild-card. - (static) - (6)
             What I've determined ... - (brettj) - (1)
                 Sort of - (JayMehaffey)
             Resolving Bible-Koran conflicts - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 "The Koran was dictated by Muhammed" Also the book of Mormon - (boxley)
                 That's a good point. - (static)
                 More Koranic proof that bin Laden is evil - (brettj)
         Dream On - (deSitter) - (1)
             Yellow smileys! - (marlowe)
         Re: Fighting terrorism using Islamic Law - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             It's all about perspective? - (brettj) - (2)
                 Partially - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Re: refuting terrorism and Bible ties - (brettj)
         The following link may be helpful to you - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             Yes. it has been very informative. - (brettj) - (3)
                 Brett, this has squat to do with religion - (boxley) - (2)
                     Religious terrorist hide behind religion - (brettj) - (1)
                         It's not about religion! - (Ashton)

Escape from the prison planet.
75 ms