IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Except:
But System is a very definite context. It has all rights of Adminstrator account on a local machine and no rights on the network. It has no user name/password associated with it, so users cannot log in on it.

That's not the same thing as saying users can't execute code under its authority. Just run a service as System.
I was one of the original authors of VB, and *I* wouldn't use VB for a text
processing program. :-)
Michael Geary, on comp.lang.python
New RIght you are
--

"It\ufffds possible to build a reasonably prosperous society that invests in its people, doesn\ufffdt invade its neighbors, opposes Israel and stands up to America. (Just look at France.)"

-- James Lileks
New Bottom line
If you can start a service, you can start it as System.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
     NET SEND to all except a few systems? - (SpiceWare) - (42)
         Send to group -NT - (Silverlock)
         If you send not to machine names, but... - (CRConrad) - (6)
             Re: If you send not to machine names, but... - (deSitter) - (5)
                 "Messenger" != "NET SEND" ? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     NET SEND Help - (orion)
                     Re: "Messenger" != "NET SEND" ? - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Alternatively... - (pwhysall)
                         So if Darrell's gang use W2K or later, they could try my way -NT - (CRConrad)
         update - (SpiceWare)
         Re: NET SEND to all except a few systems? - (qstephens) - (32)
             ROFL - (deSitter) - (31)
                 It inspires me - (orion) - (30)
                     Re: It inspires me - (deSitter) - (22)
                         On this we agree - (orion)
                         Windows has no user context? - (Arkadiy) - (20)
                             process-level user context - (deSitter) - (19)
                                 I am still at a loss as to what you mean -NT - (Arkadiy) - (18)
                                     A login is a profile - (orion)
                                     Re: I am still at a loss as to what you mean - (deSitter) - (16)
                                         You're much mistaken - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                                             Can you be logged in as two people at once? - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                 Not log in, no. - (admin) - (3)
                                                     I'll tuck that away in case I ever need it -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                     Yes you can and it is a weak security system - (orion) - (1)
                                                         Re: Yes you can and it is a weak security system - (pwhysall)
                                                 Certainly - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                     Re: Certainly - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                         You keep hearing yourself, not me - (Arkadiy)
                                             Re: You're much mistaken - (deSitter) - (6)
                                                 What does hiererchy of processes have to do with it? - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                                                     Re: What does hiererchy of processes have to do with it? - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                         I am not sure what NT_AUTHORITY is - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                             Except: - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                                                 RIght you are -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                                                 Bottom line - (pwhysall)
                     Careful there . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         Does it really? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             I don't remember all the details . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 The licenses are more forgiving than you think - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Really interesting issue - (orion)
                         Bah! I'll make it freeware then. - (orion)
                     that's what I did - (SpiceWare)

I found Soylent to be a punishingly boring, joyless product.
108 ms