IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New All day today on The Discovery Channel: Mythbusters
Two special effects guys set out to prove or disprove various urban legends by re-enacting the myths.

So far we've seen the JATO rocket car in the desert, Mikey dies from eating too many Pop Rocks (simulated with a pig stomach), and the tower repairman accident report (gets hit by a toolbox on the way up and down while holding a rope).

Current episode is "pee on the third rail and get electrocuted", which involves a dummy made of ballistics gel (same electrical properties as the human body), a bionic bladder (anatomically correct), and 250ml of donated urine. They've done tests on the urine to determine the resistivity, and have calculated (and experimentally proven) that a stream of urine will conduct a current of 65 milliamps when driven at 650 volts, more than enough to cause a heart attack.

Very funny and entertaining. Somewhat like Junkyard Wars meets The Darwin Awards.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Jan. 1, 2004, 01:30:22 PM EST
New Thanks for the heads up!
Coming up - stinky car myth!! Dead pigs left in car for 2 months.

1/1 is a good TV day usually. Saw "Asphalt Jungle" this morning uncut and uniterrupted - what a masterpiece!
-drl
New And me busy painting [sigh ...]
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Re: And me busy painting [sigh ...]
The dead pigs in Corvette thing was almost too much. I got nauseated just thinking about it. I have a hard time cleaning up moldy coffee filters (leave a coffee filter in the maker for a month and behold the results).
-drl
New This is the greatest show in the history of TV
I'm still wiping the tears away from the Flight of Buster. That was the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Why did I not know about this show? GREAT!!!

Motto: If the myth can't be verified, duplicate the result!

LRPD: "This looks like a job for Buster."
-drl
New Agreement.
Definitely a great show. The pig episode was hysterical.

So far, the only things that have been borne out were 1) cola cleans chrome and pennies and 2) it's plausible that you could electricute yourself by pissing on the third rail if you can keep the stream together.

The meat bullet was a riot, too. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Jan. 1, 2004, 08:08:33 PM EST
New Re: This is the greatest show in the history of TV
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=125824|I discovered it back on this date]
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     All day today on The Discovery Channel: Mythbusters - (admin) - (6)
         Thanks for the heads up! - (deSitter) - (2)
             And me busy painting [sigh ...] -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                 Re: And me busy painting [sigh ...] - (deSitter)
         This is the greatest show in the history of TV - (deSitter) - (2)
             Agreement. - (admin)
             Re: This is the greatest show in the history of TV - (lincoln)

Excuse me while I go throw up.
55 ms