IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New WTF is it with O'Liely fans?
I seriously do not fucking understand people who watch Fox News. I know some damned otherwise intelligent people who actually believe that Fox News is not a fucking parody. Jesus-Fuck-all-Christ! This is the fucking organization that argued in fucking court that they had a "right to lie" in their newscasts. Wouldn't that be enough? Why the FUCK is Fox News the most widely watched - cough, cough, wheez - News Cast in the United Fucking States?

My father-in-law is a huge O'Reilly fan. My father-in-law I have a great deal of respect for. I thought, well, if he's only getting his fucking information from Faux News, maybe he just doesn't know what a goddamned pack of liars they are. So, at Christmas I offered to let him have/read Frankton's book on the bastard. He wouldn't even fucking touch the book! He was actually insulted that I'd recommend that he read it. What the FUCK is going on in the minds of Americans? These fuckers don't even want to KNOW the truth about the lying bastards they listen to to come to their positions? How the FUCK can that happen?

As most of you know, I spent a tender year in the USSR between the ages of 9 and 10. What I came to understand at that very young age was that our fucking propaganda worked and the Soviet brand largely didn't. (I remember Russians who wouldn't believe that Cheryl Tate had been murdered BECAUSE Pravda had written an article saying so). All through my life I have never understood how propaganda worked so well. I mean, you look at the absolute bullshit Fox, Liddy, Limbaugh & Co. spew out and goddamn if you have the reasoning ability of a fucking onion you can figure out its a bunch of goddamned lies, for Christ's sake.

So, and I'm sure you know some, how the fuck is it possible for these fuckers to have an audience? Why in the fucking hell would anyone believe anything they hear out of these fucking assholes and WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD do the people that watch, listen and believe this horse-fuck not want to know any goddamned better?
bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
New how many people thought all in the family was a documentary?
same folks who watch O'Reilly. If you do watch him, he always states that his is an opinion show, with the emphasis on his. So buyer be warned.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New People believe when they hear . .
. . what they want to hear, which is what they feel the rest of their pack believes. Once they hear it they want to hear it again and again, and don't want to be exposed to even the slightest suggestion it may be wrong - that would make things "more complicated than they need to be".

The "revealed" Religions are so popular because they encourage their followers to not think, which is what most people most want. Being sure what is "right" gives the warm fuzzys, and you need then deal only with those in your own pack. None outside need be considered at all because they're "wrong", and not quite human anyway.

That Germans believed and acted on what the Nazis told them against all evidence, logic and humanity is not an abberation. That's the way the vast majority of people are. They will gladly kill those who are "wrong" to please the ones who tell them what is "right". It just makes life a lot simpler.

Intellectual torpor is the norm. You can't fight it, so learn to use it.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New It's the 700 Club after the Reformation
They got rid of the on-screen sacraments and his Holiness the Pat.

Actually this is somewhat of an uncalled-for slam of the older show, which had a heart in some odd ways. Fox is purely a profit enterprise of Kommisar Murdoch in the fine yellow tradition of WR Hearst.

The bias and slant are now palpable - there isn't even an effort to hide it any more.

Why does it work? See my comments on narcissism.
-drl
New 'My Gramma' prepared me: none of this even surprises.
(Not that I grokked enough *then* to advance to full-race camshafts, of course)

But it proves such invaluable hindsight - with each "new" [actually.. very very Old] utterance / new Pop demogogue or fashionable troglodyte / like the LovelyAnn Coulter:

It's All Been Done! (and you know the modern name)

Herr Paul Joseph G\ufffdbbels
New Now there's a goddam flame
Bravo. And to answer your question, there's a little saying I came up with:

Intelligence is the degree to which a man's opinions agree with your own.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     WTF is it with O'Liely fans? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         how many people thought all in the family was a documentary? - (boxley)
         People believe when they hear . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         It's the 700 Club after the Reformation - (deSitter)
         'My Gramma' prepared me: none of this even surprises. - (Ashton)
         Now there's a goddam flame - (drewk)

Cloaca Cola... oh, that was sooo good.
43 ms