IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cookies
This may not be possible. Or it may already be trivial. I don't do programming, I don't know. I was wondering about the concept of cookies and trust. Would it be possible to have some manner of doing a site cookie instead of a user one?

In my understanding, a cookie is a state desciption hosted by the user. "Has this system visted my site and if so what was the system's state at that time?" Like here, where the cookie enables awareness of read and therefore unneeded/undisplayed threads.

I'm wondering if a cookie could be site hosted instead. Like this- I login to a trusted site, I then follow a bookmark to a site trusted by the original site but not under it's control. A news site and a research lab's PR page with links to experiment data or whatever. The secondary site doesn't ask me for authorization of login credentials but asks the the originating site. Displays pages as defined by the state of the originating site instead of the user. etc.

Like I said I'm not a programmer, but even I can see problems and benefits to this idea. Probably already been hashed out. (Sort of like a VPN but for websites)
-----------------------------------------

"After months of searching and billions of dollars,
we've finally captured the man who had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11 !"
-Rob Cordry, The Daily Show
New you are describing RADIUS authentication :-)
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Cookies - (Silverlock) - (1)
         you are describing RADIUS authentication :-) -NT - (boxley)

Goo goo goo joob!
58 ms