It is his feeling that are hurt.

His wound to heal.

No removal vote from me.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
New This isn't about HIS feelings, you moron
It is about mine.

I got the LRPD and was not happy. Many others would feel the same. Whether or not Karsten can come back, he isn't here, and many of us don't appreciatiate painful reminders of that fact.

Please lay aside any upset that you might have with Karsten, and see this from my point of view. A friend got in a stupid fight with other friends. As a result someone that I like most of the time is no longer hanging out with the old crowd. I don't like casual (albeit accidental) jokes about how good it is that he is absent, and I really don't think it appropriate for one of the people who was most involved in the fight to defend said (now tasteless) jokes.

Got it?
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Re: This isn't about HIS feelings, you moron
That's pretty much how I feel about it - and now, I can be blunt with friends when they are fooing up (what are friends for?) so I say Karsten should think of his friends' feelings and get back here so we can know what's on his mind.
-drl
New I am of 2 minds on the subject
One agrees with Ben in that what was a joke while present seems in awfully poor taste while he's not, geven the circumstances surrounding the departure.

The other side feels, that while this rift continues, Karsten (whether he hates me now or not) is still part of the DNA makeup of this community...and to "purge" history of this seems (also) somehow wrong.

I wish him nothing but glad tidings at the moment, regardless of what happened prior. Both sides were right, both sides were wrong. Friends forgive and forget. For some it apparently takes longer than others.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Re: I am of 2 minds on the subject
We should kidnap him and drag him to The Party.
-drl
New Concur
Nobody did anything *vicious* (because that would be hard for any 'neutral' to forgive) and while there was a certain logic to the chosen remedy; the haste with which that was applied - probably still grates, in some. And 'precipitate action' is inconsistent with the certainty, "friends-Do-screwup" (only bots are immune from this 'Do').

So currently, this LRPD violates the Prime Directive: that when persons' names are mentioned - it is only in Good, pref. arcane Fun {a rather large discretion, there; so far unbreached, I think}.
[Ashton still Has "your other car" BTW]

I suggest: quarantine this one, for the duration.. which many hope is - a finite time, and not that ugly indeterminate thing.

We Are Such Stubborn Creatures\ufffd
New Lurking-LRPD:____ It is a silly place.
New Seconded
Quarantine it.

Here's hoping we can have a coming out party for it soon.
-----------------------------------------

"After months of searching and billions of dollars,
we've finally captured the man who had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11 !"
-Rob Cordry, The Daily Show
New I wouldn't be the first to say:
"Be strict in what you emit, and liberal in what you accept."

Nor would I be the first to apply that to interpersonal relationships as well as computer programs.

[link|http://www.perl.com/pub/a/1998/08/show/onion.html|http://www.perl.com/...8/show/onion.html]

I vote to muzzle the LRPD on this one.
     LRPD deletion request - (ben_tilly) - (13)
         Re: LRPD deletion request - (deSitter) - (2)
             I *have* called him - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Well then, it's silly for him to fret -NT - (deSitter)
         It's there... Regardless. - (folkert) - (8)
             This isn't about HIS feelings, you moron - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 Re: This isn't about HIS feelings, you moron - (deSitter) - (2)
                     I am of 2 minds on the subject - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Re: I am of 2 minds on the subject - (deSitter)
                 Concur - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Lurking-LRPD:____ It is a silly place. -NT - (Ashton)
                     Seconded - (Silverlock)
             I wouldn't be the first to say: - (FuManChu)
         zIWETHEY Ohhh Fish all boat-b+v (new thread) - (folkert)

POW, right through the window, 12 inches of steel!
170 ms