IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This could have gone in networking. Tomcat question.
We hired a vendor to do a jsp application for us (long story) and I can't figure something out. I put the box it's in behind our firewall and it works just fine (or, I should say, as fine as it can given the collosal abortion that it is). But when I put that box in the dmz behind a PIX firewall, I get jvm crashes after only a few minutes of using the thing.

I've googled, but can't find anybody who has had problems with tomcat behind a PIX firewall. I'll have to post back the PIX firewall model because I don't remember it, but we've tried tomcat 4.1.24 (what it was developed with), 4.1.27 and 4.1.29. We've tried running Apache 2.0.40, 2.0.44 and 2.0.48 as well as 1.34. Nothing works. The thing runs fine on a lan, but put in the dmz and it will run from anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes.

Anybody see anything like this before?
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New question on the application
are you trying to use the app from Within the firewall or are outside users using the net to get to the app in the DMZ and crashing it? The reason for the crash could be retrying connections on a closed port that run the app out of resources.
thanx,
bill
"We must face the fact that there is not a single country in the world that measures up to the lofty moral and social standards that are the hallmark of the U.S.A.: even Canada is delinquent and deserves a whiff of grape. There is not a single country in the world which, like the U.S., reeks of democracy and "human rights," and is free of crime and murder and hate thoughts and undemocratic deeds\ufffd. And so, since no other countries shape up to U.S. standards, \ufffd I make a Modest Proposal for the only possible consistent and coherent foreign policy: the U.S. must, very soon, Invade the Entire World!" Murray N. Rothbard

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New It is running out of resources.
Just today we have blown the app up both running it on a lan and from the dmz (behind PIX). The goobers who wrote it are working on their connection pooling code - wrote a short perl script that just logs in/logs out, that brought tomcat down - as well as getting to the point where db2 refuses additional connections. So, we're running out of file descriptors (another issue w/app code) and db2 connections.

Thanks for the help.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
     This could have gone in networking. Tomcat question. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         question on the application - (boxley) - (1)
             It is running out of resources. - (mmoffitt)

Fear my pink line.
76 ms