IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lemieux
Well given a choice between nothing and a piece of the team, he made the right choice, as the Penguins owed him a lot of money. Clearly him playing increases the value of the team. I wonder how much effort he's made in trying to sell his portion. Or maybe the plan is to cut costs, field an AHL team for a few years, get several top first round picks, have the labour thing hit the fan, a salary cap put in place and then a few years down the road the Penguins could be a winner again and he could make off like a bandit if he sold his interest. Not too bad of a plan. Depends on how much in the red the team is.
lister
New Re: Lemieux
I think the labor thing will get fixed. It has to.
-drl
New Re: Lemieux
Well given a choice between nothing and a piece of the team, he made the right choice, as the Penguins owed him a lot of money. Clearly him playing increases the value of the team. I wonder how much effort he's made in trying to sell his portion. Or maybe the plan is to cut costs, field an AHL team for a few years, get several top first round picks, have the labour thing hit the fan, a salary cap put in place and then a few years down the road the Penguins could be a winner again and he could make off like a bandit if he sold his interest. Not too bad of a plan. Depends on how much in the red the team is.

Well, you also have to look at the fact that had he not bought the Penguins in the first place, they might not even still have a team. So in many ways, he was their saving grace, and they know it.

Mario isn't really interested in money. He's mostly interested in keeping the team in Pittsburgh, and making it a good franchise again. Unfortunately, it takes money to do both of those things.

All in all, he's a pretty good owner, genuinely seems to care about his team and what happens to it. He's even letting Fleury stay in his home.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
     1/2 point for Lister, 1/2 for Moffit - (deSitter) - (10)
         Re: 1/2 point for Lister, 1/2 for Moffit - (lister) - (9)
             Blues play good defen"c"e, eh? - (deSitter)
             Re: How sad... - (mmoffitt)
             Actually.... - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 No really... - (lister) - (5)
                     Re: No really... - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Lemieux - (lister) - (2)
                             Re: Lemieux - (deSitter)
                             Re: Lemieux - (Nightowl)
                     I admit, the outlook isn't good - (Nightowl)

Drink and the Devil have done for the rest!
40 ms