IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: How 'bout dem Wings?
> I won't say, "Maybe this is the year" because I've been saying that since
> 1959 (the year I was born) ;-)

Well, you would have been right in 1962, 1963, 1964 and 1967. Though I doubt you would have actually been saying that until the mid '60s. ;-)
lister
New Last I checked...
...the Flyers were the best team in the league (by record only).

And unfortuntely I know that thinking "This could be the year" is futile in ANY sport in this town.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New The Flyers
I don't know. They still suffer from Clarke's inability to get a top-notch goaltender. I know that's compensated a bit with Hitchcock's defensive system but still, they need that money goalie. I'm very surprised that Clarke hasn't picked up Cujo yet for a song. So couple the goalie problem with some of the press I've been reading about Roenick and Hitchcock, that looks to be a potential mess to blow up. As much as Hitch may be a good guy, it's usually dreadful watching his hockey games. Zzzzzzzz...

Though if it comes down to strategizing the playoff matchups, I'd be perfectly happy with the Flyers finishing first in the conference. Assuming the Leafs don't self destruct or become an AHL farm team due to the injury bug, the Leafs should finish 2-4 and wouldn't face the Flyers until the later rounds of the playoffs. After last years debacle, having one of two powerful teams bounced in the first round sucks.
lister
New Blush.
Don't know what came over me. Brain Fart big-time! 1967. Hell, I knew that - dunno what I was thinking.

Of course, to be totally honest, I've only been saying that since 1992 (the year I became a hockey fan ;-)

I watched the NBA religiously all the way through high school (class of 77) and golf. Mostly because I played basketball in high school and golf in high school and college. I hadn't watched any sports until 1992 when I got hooked on the playoffs - even got one Uncle hooked so bad that the next year when he moved to Boston he somehow managed season tickets.

I don't watch much tv, but if there's a hockey game on I don't respond to human interaction until the end of the game. Everything else seems like its in slow motion.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
     Sanity returns to hockey - (deSitter) - (10)
         How 'bout dem Wings? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             Re: How 'bout dem Wings? - (deSitter) - (4)
                 Stevey Y is my kind of guy. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Re: Stevey Y is my kind of guy. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         Owners don't count ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             They do when... - (Nightowl)
             Re: How 'bout dem Wings? - (lister) - (3)
                 Last I checked... - (bepatient) - (1)
                     The Flyers - (lister)
                 Blush. - (mmoffitt)

Too late, some of us have already taken offense.
43 ms