Hi CRC,

So, you went with the silly-language one in stead of Delphi, eh? :-)

The code I'm modifying is already in Builder, so I'm trying to get it working the way I like without having to become an expert. No slight intended. :-)

Is this code situated in the actual fmRefOsc.cpp file, or somewhere else?

Unfortunately, it's in the form source file (which is called ProcSher5d.cpp at the moment - yes, it's confusing as hell.) :-( It works the way you suspect. The coding style is taken from the existing code - I have no experience with this stuff so I'm just trying to modify it (my only addition is trying to comment it clearly so that I can understand what it's doing).

Early on I tried to put my changes in a new unit, but I couldn't figure out how to tie it in to the existing form. And when I tried to rename the existing form (from fmRefOsc) and eliminate the fmRefOsc form/unit, I couldn't get the program to build even after making the name changes in the source (because fmRefOsc wasn't there - I even checked the .h files.). :-( When I get some time I really need to go through a tutorial or similar to figure out how changes /additions /deletions /modification to existing code should be done, but the things I've seen so far don't seem very helpful.

The code I'm modifying is rather general purpose. It consists of some plotting routines, some data collection routines for some instrumentation, and some data analysis routines. It's all pretty modular and generally works very well. I'm trying to improve the data analysis code without breaking everything else. :-)

Thanks very much for the pointers! I'm sure those issues will bite me very shortly.

Cheers,
Scott.