IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And as an aside...
Please don't tell Norman not to take his medication ok? I live CLOSER to him than you, and I feel a lot better now that he's a lot better.

No offense Norman, just don't want a repeat of last year at about this time. ;)

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
Collapse Edited by Nightowl Dec. 8, 2003, 03:44:38 PM EST
Re: If only you had worked with me, you would have agreed.
Norm that is nuts!

No company is going to risk its operation by flooding you with tasks just to fire you for not doing them - can't you see that's just crazy? They just fire your ass and that is that! Criminy, they're lawyers! They aren't going to waste a second indulging in some stupid game to get you fired! THE DAMN GARBAGE COMPANY wouldn't do that! "They got me fired by making me pick up twice as much garbage as the other guys." Would you believe that if someone told you that?

I have to disagree here. The University I fought against did just that, except instead of flooding me with tasks, they kept changing them, hiding my stuff, you name it. They told me for example to put all the flyers on the bulletin board. Then ten minutes later, put half on the door then 20 minutes later put all on the door.

They told me to type something but ordered me not to use the typewriter or leave the office to find another one, and numerous other things I won't recount here (which will make you all happy. ;) )

I was in a grievance process with them when some of this was going on, and they STILL did it, up to lying to the hearing board, which allowed me to keep my job until they drove me to a panic attack after 9 months of it. Maybe they knew I couldn't afford a lawyer, all I know is they deliberately tried to cause a panic attack, and finally ultimately, succeeded, and THEN fired me.

Nuff said there.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. And please don't tell Norm not to take his medication ok? I live CLOSER to him than you, and I feel a lot better now that he's a lot better.

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
     Abercrombie ex-bosses: Pretty workers favored - (lincoln) - (24)
         I've seen this before - (orion) - (21)
             Ummm - (Ashton) - (20)
                 No Jag in cubical - (orion) - (19)
                     Point. Missed.___ I should realize... -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Point not valid - (orion)
                     Feeling a tad self-important, Norm? - (rcareaga) - (16)
                         Kewl! That's from the Onion! - (Nightowl)
                         Quite the opposite, a tad unimportant - (orion) - (14)
                             Re: Quite the opposite, a tad unimportant - (deSitter) - (13)
                                 If only you had worked with me, you would have agreed. - (orion) - (6)
                                     Re: If only you had worked with me, you would have agreed. - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         It does happen. - (Nightowl)
                                         And as an aside... - (Nightowl)
                                         I agree it is nuts - (orion) - (2)
                                             Re: I agree it is nuts - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 The problem is - (orion)
                                 Ask Broom - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                                     Re: Ask Broom - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         Not if they want to claim - (orion) - (3)
                                             The University wasn't that smart with me... - (Nightowl)
                                             Wrongful Termination Lawsuits - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 That is the problem - (orion)
         Guilty here - (deSitter)
         In other news: pretty hookers get more clients. - (Arkadiy)

We'll all still go there on holiday, get the shits, and complain about their hilariously bad plumbing.
54 ms