IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Remember that woman trampled at Wal-Mart last week?
Now they're going after her reputation:

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- A woman who was reported trampled by Wal-Mart shoppers during a holiday sale on DVD players has filed many injury claims against stores since 1987, including nine against Wal-Mart.

Patricia VanLester, a 41-year-old former Wal-Mart employee, has received thousands of dollars in injury and workers compensation settlements from the world's largest retailer, records show.

[link|http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-trample06.html|source]

Of course, none of this has anything to do with reality. She WAS admitted to a hospital's trauma center, and the paramedics DID find her laying UNCONSCIOUS on top of a DVD player. But hey, let's have the world's biggest company try to make her appear as a scam artist so they can brush her off like a piece of lint.
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Yep, heard that!
I heard something about that on the news too. Unbelievable, really, since the facts are unmistakable. What are they trying to claim now, that she flung herself on the floor to get intentionally trampled?

Owls are shaking their head, yet another reason to stay far from Walmart. Unfortunately, I have to get too close to their lot today though... hehee, Streetside Records is there.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New I dunno
9 previous suits against Walmart? More against more stores? Since 1987? OK, so in the last 16 years she hurt herself enough to consider it worthwile to sue a store more than every other year.

Anyone can fake unconcious.

Yet she comes back for more?
On Black Friday?
And positions herself in the center of a crown doing a sprint when the store opens?

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

She's faking it.

Her suit against Walgreens claimed:

"permanent injury, disability, disfigurement [and] mental anguish.''

If this was true, how is she physically capable of being at Walmart to suffer again?
New These things are always so hard to tell
It's always so hard to read these things from the outside. You can't trust either side to be telling anything close to the truth.

My suspicion at this point is that the women was trying to setup an injury lawsuit here, but got herself hurt far worse then she planned.

Jay
     Remember that woman trampled at Wal-Mart last week? - (lincoln) - (3)
         Yep, heard that! - (Nightowl)
         I dunno - (broomberg)
         These things are always so hard to tell - (JayMehaffey)

Maybe this thing does have "macros".
37 ms