IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New First Week at New Job
Man, the first job I've liked in about 3 years!

Very positive environment, I like these people!

Anyway, I get to meet the San Francisco crowd next week. Unfortunately, four of us are going as a group, and the week is "heavily planned". So I think this trip will not be an opportunity to meet SF-based IWETHEYers, as I had originally planned.

We'll be staying close to Union Square, One Post. So, I would probably have to meet someone for breakfast, because the rest of the week is pretty much scheduled.

Good places to eat might be helpful, but we'll be working alongside people who have lived there for decades, so I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations.

I'll give the company this, maybe it's Christmas, but I've been to more "celebrations" this week, than I have in about 5 years of working.

Glen Austin
New So far, so good!
Alex

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." -- Eric Hoffer
New Expansion Plans in Dallas, TX also
Prefer candidates in the healthcare industry with EDI experience.

Sterling Gentran, WebMethods, Oracle, Java, Sterling Connect:Direct, Business Objects
ksh, perl scripting, scripting in one or more of the above tools

I was one of 4 hired, four more in Jan/Feb, and then some more.

Supposed to conclude April 1st with at least 8 people.

Second wave starting this summer with a focus on EDI "mapping" people, and pharmacy business people.

Some travel to San Francisco required.

Salary isn't the best in the Metroplex, but the attitude is great, the company has provided excellent tools, and you get in on the ground floor of some major expansion in Dallas.

I've seen people sent to paid week-long training, stock purchase program, etc. etc. etc. Lots of benefits, inexpensive healthcare.

They are also looking for people at their data center in Dubuque, IA. Heavier Unix Admin skills, DBAs, middleware, etc. Data center work.

email me at gdaustin at comcast dot net if you're interested.

New I guess this means lunch is off for a while
Funny thing is that I now have an office away from office on the 3rd floor of your previous place of employment. :-)

Out of curiousity, where's your new offices located in Dallas?
New Carrollton
Near Valwood and I-35 East, in the shadow of Carrollton/Farmer's Branch Standridge Stadium.

New Sounds great. Enjoy it!
New Heh.. sometimes you Win!
Enjoy the play.. eh ($$ is so so jejeune ;-)
New good eats
if you're looking for a very nice evening out you'll have a hard time doing better than [link|http://www.postrio.com/|the postrio]. I took my wife there once. We dropped $150 (no alcohol) and enjoyed every minute.

Have fun,
Carl Forde
New china town, dont forget chinatown
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New That's wonderful!
I'll keep praying it stays that good!

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New Nice timing.
Yulish wise..

(And if the pay is less appetizing - imagine if you'd had to go with Norman's ex-Demon-lawyers.. and remain murder-free. >:-\ufffd

Ashton Pollyanna
     First Week at New Job - (gdaustin) - (10)
         So far, so good! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Expansion Plans in Dallas, TX also - (gdaustin) - (2)
             I guess this means lunch is off for a while - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Carrollton - (gdaustin)
         Sounds great. Enjoy it! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Heh.. sometimes you Win! - (Ashton)
         good eats - (cforde)
         china town, dont forget chinatown -NT - (boxley)
         That's wonderful! - (Nightowl)
         Nice timing. - (Ashton)

One thing you ought to know: well, I am the Mae-stro!
68 ms