and how was your thanksgiving?

Saturday, November 29, 2003 9:35:23 AM v436712
Opening ticket for customer issue

This ticket has been initially assigned to Group***** -.

By User: ***** -, Ext*****

Assigned Group: ******

Saturday, November 29, 2003 9:53:05 AM v436712
Lisa called in to report that they are not getting any kind of aknowledgement from *** on most of their port in requests. She said that since yesterday at about ~5 p.m. they started seeing this. I have requested from Lisa that she send additional examples but that for now we would concentrate on the TN she gave me. I checked the following:

And I'm showing it resolution pending. I advised Lisa of this but she said that they are not even seeing where we are passing the request to them. Also, just got off the phonw with Vinny from Sales - he advised that this issue has been escalated to him by one of the directors at \ufffdCarrier\ufffd. He advised that there are over 2400 port in's that they have not received acknowlegment from ***. Changing the sev to a 2. Please advise. We can reach Vinny at home ***-***-****.

Assigned responsibility for this ticket has been changed
from Group: HTL : Customer care center-
to Group: PS - WLNP /Individual: .

By User: Customer care center

Assigned Group: PS - WLNP

Severity changed from 3 to 2. The customer agreed to the change.

Saturday, November 29, 2003 10:01:27 AM g070500
The following was sent to the HotLine via e-mail:

Per our conversation regarding ticket #634095, following are examples of MDNs that we've been sending a request on, but have not received an acknowledgement from *** and so are continuing to retry.

Carrier representative
\ufffdCARRIER\ufffd Communications

> -----Original Message-----
> Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003 8:51 AM
> To*** A
> Subject: List of port-out MDNs
> Importance: High
>
> Here is a sample of MDNs, we are trying to send these to *** since y'day evening .. we are still retrying (once every 50 minutes).

\ufffdFollowed by a bunch of telephone numbers
>
> I have more examples .. let me know if you need them.
>
> Thanks

I am forwarding this ticket to 2nd level for followup.....

By User: *****

Saturday, November 29, 2003 10:19:43 AM g117818
Received email from cust :

----- Original Message -----
To: hotline@***connections.com
Subject: RE: Customer #2077: WLNP ticket #****

Additional information: we have about 2300 requests that we are currently retrying because no acknowledgement was received.

Thanks,
Carrier representative

Saturday, November 29, 2003 11:05:19 AM v436712
Checking on status.

By User: Customer care center-, Ext: 3524

My entry follows
Saturday, November 29, 2003 11:17:16 AM z540420
According to \ufffdCARRIER\ufffd development it is a known defect their ticket number is 661479 Also a lot of messages were going to the trouble ticket interface and no one in \ufffdCarrier\ufffd support knew what it did or who did it. Since the problem was theirs they agreed to close the ticket

Assigned responsibility for this ticket has been changed
from Group: PS - WLNP / Individual:
to Group: PS - WLNP /Individual: Oxley, William.

By User: Oxley, William, Ext: 3518

Saturday, November 29, 2003 11:36:32 AM v436712
Called Vinny and gave him an update on the ticket. Leaving Bill an urgent vmx to try to get more information in regards to who at \ufffdCarrier\ufffd worked on the issue and what if anything we can do to help them with this issue, per Vinny. Also, Vinny is working on this with the command center, leaving ticket opened until further notice.

By User: Customer care center-, Ext:

Saturday, November 29, 2003 12:01:42 PM g216370
Bill, Please be more specific in your updates. Additionaly, are you positive that the messaging is going to the TTI. I cannot identify where they have avised *** that the messages are going to TTI. Also, who from \ufffdCarrier\ufffd's development team did you work with. They obviously do not have a handle on this situation and need additional assistance. May I suggest a more consultative approach, such as calling the customer and explaining to them who you have worked with, what they (\ufffdCarrier\ufffd's development team) identified as the issue along with the ticket number, and if they need additional help on our side. I know you are extremely busy, but with an issue such as 2300 port ins pending and a director requesting the ticket to be escalated asap, we need to be a little more specific in our response and better with follow-through.

By User: Vincent ., Ext:

Saturday, November 29, 2003 4:14:12 PM g117887
I called the Command Center after trying both Bill Oxley and **** extension at not available. I called and spoke with Lou G. in the command center to advise that the ticket has not been updated and the director at \ufffdCarrier\ufffd had requested ticket be escalated at noon. Lou advised that David in the Command Center thinks that this issue is related to a \ufffdDifferent Carrier\ufffd issue that they are currently working. I requested that the customer be contacted to advise of a status since the notes provided by Bill above did not indicate that any problems with **** are related to one reported in this ticket. Will await further details from support or command center. Thanks.

Just got a call from **** in the command center and he advised that he has left a message with ***. to get additional information to determine for sure if this issue is related to the **** issue that they are working on. I did advise *** that I would NOT contact the customer until more information is obtained to provide an appropriate and correct update to the customer. Thanks.

By User: ****

Saturday, November 29, 2003 4:44:43 PM wlnppc
Command Center Update: - Spoke to ****. \ufffdCarrier\ufffd developer **** spoke with Bill Oxley. \ufffdCarrier\ufffd will be making a change to correct the problem. Received call from Vinnie to escalate this issue. Lou G.

By User: WLNPPC Pennot,L., Ext: 7465

Saturday, November 29, 2003 8:58:35 PM c504492
Allen and Star from **** called in stating that they are requesting someone from *** to join their bridge call to help them resolve the issue. The bridge number is ***-***-**** and PIN 5019055988. I am escalating this to the Command Center since \ufffdCarrier\ufffd is requesting someone to join the call.

Star - external
8:55 pm EST
Update
\ufffdCARRIER\ufffd is requesting that someone from *** join their bridge call to help resolve the problem of \ufffdCARRIER\ufffd not receiving responses from ***
\ufffdCARRIER\ufffd is requesting *** to join the bridge call - ***-***-**** PIN 5019055988

me again
Sunday, November 30, 2003 12:05:35 PM z540420
To update this ticket,
Vince,
when I get a call to join a bridge at the request of a customer and I join the bridge of the customer I ASSUME the customer has a clue on who is on their OWN Bridge. Now if *** needs a contact list of all participants I want to request that the command center monitor all bridges and take notes of what was determined. What was determined on the first bridge is that \ufffdCARRIER\ufffd development took 100% responsibility for the issue. Now if the command center disagrees with the customer please join these technical bridges and poi t out where the customer is wrong. After joining the second conference bridge at 9pm I was advised that I was not nescessary as it was a *** issue they were having trouble with. As far as the trouble ticket interface receiving messages as I reported \ufffdCARRIER\ufffd personnel on the call had no idea what it was, I reported that fact to this ticket. Apparently we dont know what it is either so I suggest we turn it off as it takes up badly needed resources.
By User: Oxley, William, Ext: 3518

Monday, December 01, 2003 9:35:18 AM x435247
Spoke to ***** and we will keep ticket open for now while we are waiting on \ufffdCarrier\ufffd. They will be making a change to correct the problem, looking to have resolution in place Fri, 12/5. CZ

By User:
Checking on status. Thank you for the update.