IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New in a disposable society walmart is essential
Do I hit walmart? Yup, I wear black loafers and sandals and am loathe to part with more thn $15 for a pair of shoes. I can and have paid over $100 for quality but the shape of my feet burst the sidewalls at the same rate as the cheapies. Kids clothes made by chinese prisoners and are built to last only months suits growing kids if I cant find the stuff I need at goodwill first. For disposables Walmart is great. For buying something I expect to use in my dotage I shop elsewhere. Now once someone convinced me that the one day sale at the end of thanksgiving needed to be hit. I drove in, looked at the parking lot and determined that since I visited a prison riot once I didnt need to repeat the experience. As for clothes, I havnt bought anything new since about 1967, thrift shops and used is fine for me. If I didnt have kids I would still go and get shoes, asswipe and laundry detergent at Walmart and fully expect to wear the blue vest when I can no longer compute for a living. Either that or work the fastener section at a home depot.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: in a disposable society walmart is essential
For 40 years, KMart, Kresge, Venture... filled that role without resorting to excess. There is such a thing as grace. Walmart is from a different part of the profit map
-drl
New Other stores
funny you mention it, Venture was nice but got put out of business by Wal-Mart. KMart is hurt by Wal-mart and had to redesign itself to compete. Kresge, not sure if they are still in business, I haven't shopped there in a long time.

Remember Kat's, Woolworth's, Grandpa's, and many others that are now no longer in business.

We do most of our shopping at Big Lots and Value City, deep discounts but beware the food items and other items that expire. Also shop at Dollar stores.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Other stores
Yep, I remember Grandpas, and Venture. Grandpas was one of my favorite stores.

We mostly shop at Target and Kmart for the discount end. For odd things we'll hit the dollar stores, but not often, and rare occasions we'll check Big Lots. But that's just for general merchandise like toiletries, cleaners, etc.

For good merchandise, like clothing as a general rule, we shop at the bigger department stores like Sears, J.C. Penneys, Famous and Dillards.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New Ancestry

KMart, Kresge, Venture

Kresge was the original version of K-Mart back in the 1960s and very early 70s.
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Walmart shopper are selfish greedy pigs - (tuberculosis) - (10)
         Does Walmart understand its customer or what? -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The trampled was as guilty as the rest of them . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
             in a disposable society walmart is essential - (boxley) - (4)
                 Re: in a disposable society walmart is essential - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Other stores - (orion) - (1)
                         Re: Other stores - (Nightowl)
                     Ancestry - (lincoln)
         No argument...but why is this Walmart's fault... - (Simon_Jester)
         Man after all of that.... - (Nightowl) - (1)
             But that would cost real $$$$ - (lincoln)

I wanted to request installing a suggestion box at work, but I had no way of doing it.
229 ms