IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Xcellent.
And, believe it or not, why I am looking into FreeBSD. For a while I was a genuine ABM (anything but Microsoft) goober. But now, (perhaps owing to age and a general disinterest in computers), I just want something that requires me to sit in front of a computer for the least amount of time possible.

About a four months ago, I put away my shingle and got "a real job". About two months in, the CIO listened to some IBM sales types (the CIO bleeds blue) who told him that Websphere was magic. So, now there's a big push to use Java and only Java. The thing I don't like about Java is that it requires me to spend entirely too much time doing things that I could easily do in far less time, and - as a bonus - have the things I do run much faster than bytecode. My attitude about Java would probably be different if I loved sitting in front of a PC with a text editor up - oh, and if I loved to type code and gave a rat's ass about "object purity". I don't. M$ .Net (apparently) runs in some fashion on FreeBSD, hence my interest in FreeBSD. The Middleware Group ( a Java training/consulting/evangelist organization ) themselves took 7 times as much code to do an app that .Net took. Given my disdain for typing code, FreeBSD looks like a logical choice. Sorry, but I just want to get my projects done in the least amount of time possible. And that means, regrettably, once again embracing the Beast.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Hit the wrong button, ignore.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Nov. 17, 2003, 09:29:16 AM EST
New OK, BIG hot button here... (new thread)
Created as new thread #126008 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=126008|OK, BIG hot button here...]
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Gotta push my drug.
The thing I don't like about Java is that it requires me to spend entirely too much time doing things that I could easily do in far less time, and - as a bonus - have the things I do run much faster than bytecode.

Python, that is. Benefits of bytecode without the "purity" overhead.

I was one of the original authors of VB, and *I* wouldn't use VB for a text
processing program. :-)
Michael Geary, on comp.lang.python
     ICLRPD - (lincoln) - (5)
         ROFL - (deSitter)
         Xcellent. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Hit the wrong button, ignore. -NT - (admin)
             OK, BIG hot button here... (new thread) - (admin)
             Gotta push my drug. - (FuManChu)

I am unable to summon the amount of snark that statement requires.
38 ms