IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I bought a new book.
The Complete Reference FreeBSD.

I've never used FreeBSD. I'm curious to know what all the Linux goobs here think of FreeBSD - er, more to the point, I remember years ago quite some flame about it either here, at ezboard or on the original Infoworld board. Just don't remember what the ruckus was all about. Am curious if any attitudes have changed and, of course, anything I should be leary of.

TIA.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Oh No!!! (new thread)
Created as new thread #125544 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=125544|Oh No!!!]
New The ruckus had to do with the license agreement.
It does not mandate that products based on or derived from it make the source available (i.e. OK to take w/o giving back). xxx? Glass was it's proponent.
Alex

"The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." - Henry Kissinger
New That's right! Now I remember. Thanks!
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New FreeBSD has it's merits. (new thread)
Created as new thread #125567 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=125567|FreeBSD has it's merits.]

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New I like it
Of course, I run the commercial version - better known as Mac OS X (OK - its not exactly FreeBSD - but there's a lot of FreeBSD in it).

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:42:52 PM EDT
     I bought a new book. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         Oh No!!! (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         The ruckus had to do with the license agreement. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             That's right! Now I remember. Thanks! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         FreeBSD has it's merits. (new thread) - (static)
         I like it - (tuberculosis)