IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: My $.02...
The Iranians are Persians, not Arabs. The animosity between the two goes back centuries. Because they are Shi'ite (where does that damn apostrophe go?), they believe that Muhammed was not the last prophet. The Sunnis (generally) believe he was. Muhammed was more or less a thug who knocked over caravans and stole the goods. Because he "saw visions" and "heard voices" (hell, in my...errr...more chemically induced states, so did I), he got religion and somehow knocking over cavavans for their goods became the Holy Occupation of Knocking Over Caravans and Taking Their Goods As Long as Muhammed is The One Doing It. The Koran itself is not bereft of decent meaning, regardless of where it came from.
Gerard Allwein
New Re: Thanks Gerard, got my first laugh of the day

I like your concentrated view of the holy one :-)

Can you add a similar comment regarding the formation of the Shia - I need another good laugh - all this
military conflict can be tiresome

Cheers & keep posting

Doug
     I wonder how many condemnations are empty rhetoric - (cwbrenn) - (25)
         My $.02... - (screamer) - (4)
             Re: My $.02... - (gtall) - (1)
                 Re: Thanks Gerard, got my first laugh of the day - (dmarker2)
             Re: Good line of reasoning - (dmarker2)
             Wahhabism is also the official religion of Saudi Arabia -msg -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         \\/\\/377 do0D.. - (Ashton)
         Re: Perhaps someone can fill us in on the Muslim schism - (dmarker2) - (9)
             Can't do that but ... - (altmann) - (3)
                 Re: Have to admit that was my recollection - (dmarker2) - (2)
                     QAD research on differences between Shia & Sunni - (dmarker2) - (1)
                         Re: Aha - the murk clears (just a bit) - (dmarker2)
             This seems to cover it. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Re: Good work - that does cover it well - (dmarker2) - (1)
                     Re: I finally found whose son got killed in battle of Islams - (dmarker2)
             Sunni - Shiite split - (brettj) - (1)
                 Re: Jesus died ? - (dmarker2)
         waal can you say mormon xian - (boxley) - (8)
             Re: Mormon split came to mind - but they don't have a hist o - (dmarker2) - (7)
                 But as Bill has painted in pastels + pepperoni, - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re your PS. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Depending on which outfit has it right - (mhuber) - (4)
                             Ah yes.. to sleep, perchance to dream.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Searching for honest work? - (mhuber) - (2)
                                     Re: Searching for honest work? - (Steve Lowe)
                                     Sounds almost good.. - (Ashton)

He's so far to the right of the bell curve he could drop a marble and it wouldn't roll away.
51 ms