IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Piss on suburban Atlanta!

I am astounded that even GROCERIES are going to these monsters! Who in his sane right mind would buy his food in that hell, stand at one of 50 registers manned by 10 of the homliest, fattest women the suburban South can hock up from its tuburcular lungs, wait in line for 30 minutes, then undertake a 5-day hike to the car, which is parked somewhere in Tennessee?

God damn, listen to yourself. This style of argument suggests that hatred of Walmart is merely sneering contempt for the lower orders.

People buy stuff from superstores because it's cheaper. Cheaper prices mean that they can buy more stuff with the same amount of money. This means that they can afford a higher standard of living than they otherwise could. I think this is good, and I also think it's bad to raid the pockets of the poor to subsidize your aesthetic prejudices.

If I had a car, I'd happily shop at the superstores. I don't, so I have to put up with a local supermarket that offers me high prices, bad selection, and low quality.
New I must be lucky.
I've found a (relatively) local store that offers a wide selection, high quality, and low prices. [link|http://www.tacomaboys.com/|Tacoma Boys], while about 1/2 hour away from my apartment, is WELL worth the trip - if you're in the Seattle area, that is. Susan+I go about once a week... And when we don't get something there, the difference as compared to the supermarkets is just insane. Prices are roughly similar, but the quality at the supermarkets just ain't there.
The universe makes no sense until you accept that God uses base 13.

Even then, it's still pretty dodgy.
New Re: Piss on suburban Atlanta!
I grew up around it, so I'm entitled to state how miserable it is.

The dedicated markets have great selections in Atlanta, a town chock full'o demanding yuppies. It's not all horrid, just the burbs. St. Louis has horrid burbs, but not quite as horrid.

Burb life is dehumanizing. Feel lucky that you can live without a car. Or get a car and visit the nearest WalMart.

-drl
     Empty Wal-Marts leave an angry feeling - (lincoln) - (10)
         Piss on suburban Atlanta! - (deSitter) - (8)
             Maybe this is a regional difference... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Re: Maybe this is a regional difference... - (deSitter)
             I hate supermarkets. - (pwhysall)
             Re: Piss on suburban Atlanta! - (neelk) - (2)
                 I must be lucky. - (inthane-chan)
                 Re: Piss on suburban Atlanta! - (deSitter)
             Which is why - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Re: Which is why - (deSitter)
         solution - (boxley)

Clearly designed to be used by faery maidens with a feather touch, rather than a six foot three engineer in a pair of size 13 steelies.
42 ms