IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Here's mine
Did you disable the overhead fluorescent light?

That looks nice - that's how I would have set up the computers :)

The Win box would be VNC - why waste a monitor?

maybe I should send a resume.
-drl
New VNC is too slow
Even direct connect 100 mbit. It also has a horrible method for scanning for changes on the screen. I really don't like it.

And yes, the lights NEVER go on. The Linux monitors are 21in flat screen Sun branded Sonys. Meant for their high end graphics workstations, when they had them. The Win monitor is a 19in Hitachi.

I've added lamp positions. They are all directed toward the wall or ceiling with the exception of my desk lamp, and they are variable so I keep them very low unless I have a visitor and we need to draw on the while boards which surround the room.

[link|http://www.users.voicenet.com/~broom/office.jpg|http://www.users.voi...~broom/office.jpg]

About 20 years ago I visited a print / layout shop. In the graphics room the only light was pinpoint spots and the light table. I always wanted that environment. I have had it for the past 7 years.

You can send a resume but we don't have any openings for your skills at this point. We current are looking for a VB person and a project manager.
New Re: VNC is too slow
Every new contract - first two things - find the coffee machine - disable the overhead fluorescent lights by rotating them out of their sockets. In places with union maintenance I'd have to explain to the troll twice a month that I wanted it like that.

My ideal environment ever was a server room where they put me due to lack of space - I was in heaven. F-lights all completely off, small table lamp with a 100-watt incandescent bulb across the room, all sorts of twinkly LEDs, green and red - every day was Christmas!

My boss even would turn the lights off after visiting :)
-drl
     Survived Round Three - Survivor Island - (gdaustin) - (19)
         You ARE looking, right? -NT - (Silverlock) - (18)
             Re: You ARE looking, right? - (gdaustin) - (17)
                 News Confirms It - (gdaustin) - (16)
                     good luck with the interview -NT - (cforde)
                     Good luck! - (jb4) - (14)
                         Interview Update... - (gdaustin) - (13)
                             Half height cubes? "you were lucky..." - (Meerkat) - (12)
                                 You had cubes? You were lucky - (Silverlock)
                                 Works up to about... - (kmself) - (10)
                                     Close to 30 people - (gdaustin) - (5)
                                         Here's mine - (broomberg) - (4)
                                             Re: Here's mine - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 VNC is too slow - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                     Re: VNC is too slow - (deSitter)
                                             Hee hee - (FuManChu)
                                     Our layout: - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                         While we're describing offices... - (static)
                                     Does that mean... - (lincoln) - (1)
                                         Yes. - (kmself)

Yeeaaahhhh! I'm the mae-stro!
112 ms