IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Words fail me....Tripp paid by the Government

The federal government Monday announced it is paying Linda Tripp and her attorneys $595,000 to settle allegations that the Department of Defense violated her privacy rights when confidential information about her was disclosed during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

[link|http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/03/linda.tripp/index.html| CNN ]
New Gotta protect those whistle-blowers.
Especially those reporting behavior between consenting adults.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Why not...
...government paid Rodney King 11 million for leading a high speed chase and not surrendering to authorities ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New True...
but Rodney King wasn't beating the tar outta police officers.
New But so much more inflammatory, omitting that small detail..
New Quite the opposite...
...just that the shots the officers took weren't on film. Film didn't start until it was necessary to unecessarily subdue him.

Film also didn't start 2 hours before during the chase...nor did it capture the other 2 passengers that we taken into custody without incident.

And of course its inflammatory. So should this be too. Damned ironic too if you ask my opinion :-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New sokay to out CIA folks as well I suppose
Her personal info was leaked because folks were pissed that she blew bill's blow. Petty is as petty does and it cost lotsa dough to lower yourself to her level.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Wasn't it something about
the government violating a federal wiretapping law? Those who did so should have had their balls cut off and handed to them in a paper sack. After all, that's what Asscroft would do to you, saying you violated the Patriot Act somehow.
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Actually Tripp was NEVER outted, so to speak...

This was the ostensible infringement of Tripp\ufffds privacy. The government did not disclose her arrest record. The government attempted to suggest she had no arrest record. It was her step-mother who blew the whistle on her, not the government. And it was old-fashioned, factual reporting that disclosed that Tripp lied to get a top security clearance.

[...]

The CNN story in question makes a zillion mistakes, every one of them in Tripp\ufffds favor. It says she was a minor, when arrested. She was an adult. It says the government leaked information about her arrest. It did not. It says the case involved drinking \ufffd it was a grand larceny charge, which as George W. Bush, could tell you, is much more serious. They say she was never charged. She was charged in an open court with Grand Larceny, and then, in a plea agreement, she pled guilty to a reduced charge of loitering. The case was adjudicated, not dropped.

And no one until this day has ever prosecuted her or disciplined her for lying and covering up her arrest, in order to get an undeserved top security clearance. Instead, the government is paying her $600,000 despite the fact that she clearly lied about her status.
[link|http://www.msnbc.com/news/752664.asp?0si=-| Alterman ]
     Words fail me....Tripp paid by the Government - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
         Gotta protect those whistle-blowers. - (mmoffitt)
         Why not... - (bepatient) - (3)
             True... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 But so much more inflammatory, omitting that small detail.. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Quite the opposite... - (bepatient)
         sokay to out CIA folks as well I suppose - (boxley) - (2)
             Wasn't it something about - (lincoln)
             Actually Tripp was NEVER outted, so to speak... - (Simon_Jester)

I liked Dragon Ball Z better; it didn't try as hard to be idiotic.
51 ms