IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now if they could only make something worth a rat's....
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New But they do.
Tivoli Storage Manager with DRM (formerly ADSM with DRM)
3494 Tape Library (setup)
3590 Tape Drives (120GB max per tape)

Backups up @ 40 MegaByte per Second providing the machine driving it can keep up.

I would ALWAYS suggest and reccomend a company use it even if they HATE IBM or ADSM

By far the best Backup solution I have ever seen.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Back-me-up boys...
New bought != make
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Am sure you meant that in humour ...

As the comment could be seen as hollow against the capability, the installed base, the scalability and the vision, built into the iSeries (soon to merge with pSeries).

Also IBM built its global service org in late 1990s from scratch (in early days had 30% y-on-y growth) & in doing so pushed Anderson (Accenture) from leadership to camp followers.

Each of those is a copybook eample of building something worth more than a rat :-)

Cheers Doug

New 600,000 can't be wrong.
Isn't that the total number of as/400's sold? Not that there are that many still running, but iirc, 600,000 worldwide is how many were sold.

;0)

ot: this "iSeries" stuff cracks me up. We have a 400 here and it says, plainly on the front, "AS/400". I've been scolded for referring to it as "the 400" instead of "the iSeries" by management. The SA here printed a sticker that say's "iSeries" and pasted it over the "AS/400" on he box. He then called me and told me he wanted to show me the new platform we'd gotten. So I went back to the server room and he pointed to the sticker. Pretty funny ... for an SA ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New It's Not a razor!____It's a 'facial hair removal system'
     Go IBM! - (SpiceWare) - (7)
         WOW!! - (deSitter) - (6)
             Now if they could only make something worth a rat's.... -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 But they do. - (folkert) - (1)
                     bought != make -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Am sure you meant that in humour ... - (dmarker) - (2)
                     600,000 can't be wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         It's Not a razor!____It's a 'facial hair removal system' -NT - (Ashton)

Option #2, encourage death sports amongst the vegetarian crowd.
55 ms