IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New wow, hey gryg! whats up?
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Apparently they had too many projects . .
. . that didn't pay back fast enough and ran out of money. Closing without bankruptcy is dangerous because people can get sued, even behind a corporate veil. I don't know just what they were thinking.

The big issue right now is the generation of license keys for new installs, especially for MyBooks. Currently, if your MyBooks is not licensed, you have to reinstall every 30 days to renew the demo license.

VARs for the main product have the full source code except for the run-time and compiler, so they are able to support their customers and continue making modifications, but cannot license new installs.

Steve Elliott and Errol Allahverdi were going to set up VAR support and be able to issue but received so many nasty emails threatening lawsuits and bodily harm they shelved that.

Things have become quieter so negotiations have resumed between the owners and "interested parties". It may be a couple of weeks yet before anyone has the rights to legally generate license keys.

There is a group that wants to open source all the code, but most of the VARs, many of whom make their living entirely from the accounting source code, want to keep it proprietary.

My contacts won't say much more right now.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Appgen Out of Business - (altmann) - (6)
         wow, hey gryg! whats up? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Apparently they had too many projects . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Appgen Web site back up. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Appgen Apparently Sold - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Appgen Sale Nears Completion - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Thanks for the updates! -NT - (FuManChu)

Bork bork bork!
196 ms