IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny you should bring this up
I read an article (sorry I can't find a link) in a paper in San Jose a couple weeks ago that pointed out that the result of border crackdowns was that the immigrants were settling in the US and staying rather than risk going home and coming back. And while they're staying, they're taking advantage of social services that they wouldn't normally be tapping if they could go home on the off season. The added strain on the social programs is meaning citizens are not getting all that they're entitled to.

So it looks like this isn't the right strategy.

FWIW, I think Lincoln was more commenting on WalMart's excessive focus on keeping labor costs down - even if it means breaking the law. WalMart is one of the leading contributors to poverty in the US.

In Java, you can't escape the creepy feeling.

--James Gosling
New The primary focus was
that they were illegal aliens doing the work AND that high ups at Wal-Mart KNEW that they were using illegal immigrants, which is against the law by the way, yet they didn't give a damn as long as it didn't take money away from them.

For the record, my ancestors came through Ellis Island, busted their asses, built their fortunes, raised families, etc. As Orion pointed out, THEY DID IT LEGALLY. Come in through the proper channels, I can't raise a beef.

As far as PHBs farming out jobs to India, that has nothing to do with me being a "ethnocentric bastard".
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New They were breaking the law
Wal-Mart and the contracting companies they paid to clean the stores were breaking the law by hiring illegal immigrants to do the work. The higher-ups at Wal-Mart knew about it, knew about the laws, but allowed it to happen anyway.

My acestors came over to this country legally too, busted their asses, worked to get what they got. One side came from Ireland, the other from Germany. They filled out the paperwork needed, became US Citizens, and raised family here.

I don't feel sorry for illegal immigrants who got busted and sent back home, they broke the law and tried to cheat the system, that makes them criminals. Wal-Mart and their contracting companies also broke the law and that makes them criminals.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Also in California they can get driver's licenses
you are correct in that they are taking away resources when they stay here illegally. Also they get paid under the table because they don't have a valid SSN, and usually for less than minimum wage because they cannot complain to the government about it without being taken back to their country of origin.

Wal-Mart claimed they contracted out the work and didn't know about the illegals working for them. But the government claims they tapped the phones of Wal-Mart Execs and have them on tape talking to the contractors about it.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Oye all\ufffd usted vagabundo de asno

Por qu\ufffd hace no usted vuelve a donde usted pertenece. Yo lo tengo que decir no est\ufffd en Am\ufffdrica!

Gringo peque\ufffdo loco !!!

Doug M
(Dijo por un hombre que sabe donde \ufffdl viene de!!!)
New That is Mr. Gringo to you!
Cuss all you want, insult me all you want, it won't change the US Immigration Laws or the fact that they broke them. It also won't change the fact that I and a few others here are correct. No matter how much you mess with it, you cannot change the truth.

New Por favour se\ufffdor

Oye se\ufffdor!, usted dice que usted es norteamericano pero usted habla en ingl\ufffds?

Doug M

New Si usted vive aqu\ufffd, aprenda hablar la lengua.
S\ufffd, somos norteamericanos, pero hablamos en ingl\ufffds. La lengua oficial de nuestro pa\ufffds los Estados Unidos de Am\ufffdrica. Todos nuestros documentos jur\ufffddicos se escriben en ingl\ufffds al igual que casi todo .

Traducido por el [link|http://babelfish.altavista.com|Babelfish].

New La verdad mi amigo!
\ufffdAs\ufffd que usted dice que Indios Americanos no pertenecen all\ufffd pero las importaciones hacen?
New OT: doug, porque no funciona su dibujo?
Siempre no se carga.
The best advice I've
found in the book "Thinking in Java", was to have a look at Python.
Marijan Tadin, on comp.lang.python
New Only on one condition
if they are here illeagly, they don't belong. If they are here legaly, they are welcome to stay for as long as the Visa or Green Card or whatever lasts. The problem seems to be with those who don't obey US Immigration Laws. Why is this so hard to understand? Break the law and you are a criminal. Don't file the paperwork to come here legaly and sneak in and you are breaking the law. Ergo illegal immigrants are breaking the law and are thus criminals and if caught will be deported, no matter what country they are from.

Gloating, are ya, you selfish arsehole? - (CRConrad) - (12)
         The problem as I see it (new thread) - (orion)
         Funny you should bring this up - (tuberculosis) - (10)
             The primary focus was - (lincoln) - (1)
                 They were breaking the law - (orion)
             Also in California they can get driver's licenses - (orion) - (2)
                 Oye all\ufffd usted vagabundo de asno - (dmarker) - (1)
                     That is Mr. Gringo to you! - (orion)
             Por favour se\ufffdor - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Si usted vive aqu\ufffd, aprenda hablar la lengua. - (orion) - (3)
                     La verdad mi amigo! - (dmarker) - (2)
                         OT: doug, porque no funciona su dibujo? - (FuManChu)
                         Only on one condition - (orion)

Some have good ideas and some.. just have ideas.
72 ms